Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

New computers, Apple MacBook Pro Notebooks and they do not come with a built-in Ethernet Port requiring a Thunderbolt dongle for the Ethernet port. Using the MacBook Pro Wi-FI mac and software to assign the mac to the Thunderbolt dongle you now have ...

R1bennett by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello, I'm doing an exercise to configure RIPv2.  According to the instruction I need to advertise the networks that are directly connected to R1. But when I take the IP 172.30.30.1 /24 it gives me the network address 172.30.30.0 / 24 not 172.3...

Hi, I configured the Cisco Catalyst switch 4500 series. I have configured the acl for to block other traffic but intervlan also got blocked. please assist me. Configuration: interface Vlan1 description Transit_User_VLAN ip address 10.104.64.2 255.2...

We have an odd case.  In our environment, we try to create open offices spaces where users can work at any workstation.  Plug in a laptop and use their own headset to work for the day, and the sit in another area another day.  With this setup, we hav...

In our biggest building we have 44 * 3560E-48 switches (avg 90% port utilization) connecting to a pair of 5548's (no vPC set up), on top of that we have several other buildings connecting to these 5548's (in total traffic of another 43 access switche...

Hi, We have a large number of 3560's installed on which we see a high number of interfaces flapping. I've not been able to pin it down to a particular sw release, but one example we are seeing it is 12.2(55)SE3 (there are others though). The messag...

joneaton by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! help with vlan acl

Hi all, I' like someone to confirm if my conception about configuring and applying VACL is correct. Suppose on SW-1 which connects through a trunk to SW-2 there are several access ports in different vlans. Also in SW-2 there are except the trunk port...

Hello, We notice the following difference on C3750 and C3650   C3750 Dot1x Info for FastEthernet1/0/3-----------------------------------PAE                       = AUTHENTICATORPortControl               = AUTOControlDirection          = BothHostMode ...

JAN DEVOS by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,There is a trunk port which currently allows has no restrictions. If we change this & add specific vlan list there, will the users already connected there encounter any drops or issues.( current vlans will be allowed on these)Appreciate all...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card