Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I bought a cisco 2960s switch with a usb console. How and where do I download the driver to enable my system see it as a com port. Thanks. I want to log in to the switch.

I know this question has been asked a lot, but I haven't found anything fairly recent. What would you suggest after passing the CCNA....CCNP or CCVP (or something else). I know it has to do with what direction you are interested in, but as far as opo...

jclj by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm new to this community and am not sure if this is the best place to post this but I'm trying to connect 2 switches and using VLANs in preparation for my CCNA. I set up VTP and it appears to be working well between the Server and Client. I've set u...

wordizbon by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We purchased (2) Cisco ASA 5585X firewalls and would like to do Active/Active with multiple-context firewalls on them. I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to answer myself through Cisco docs or Google that I'm hoping someone here...

Hi,   I´m working on a switch audit and I´m confused on this exception  "VLANs not cleared from trunk". I know i have the Recommendation and Corrective Action, but I don´t know how to look for those Vlans that I have to remove.I mean, Which command...

Hi everyone, I've been troubled for a while with a storm problem that brings down parts of my network. The storm is triggered randomly during business and out of business hours. It is not a specific protocol storm (like arp), but it looks like everyt...

-Ypsilon- by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My network is currently using VTP version 1 with MST.  The switches are all VTP version 2 capable and some VTP version 3.  I want to upgrade to Version 3 (and version 2 for those not capable of 3).  Do I simply make a version 3 capable switch the Pri...

Hi, Whenever I launch CRT to log onto router and switches, I always get previous username. I need to remove every time. could you know how to remove the username, or keep my username and password ? In fact, I checked the box to save my password in th...

eigrpy by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We had an Audit of our system last week and the auditors requested the configuration of our routers.  We currently have an 1841 router at our location that is maintained by our ISP.  The configuration shows that it is running version 12.4 on its firm...

Hi, i am looking for a way to download the currently running ROMmon image from a running router without rebooting it or disrupting its operation in any way.Is there any way I could access the ROMmon image from IOS and eventually download it? Any sugg...