Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am unable to stack the below switches. I am getting error of incompatible software. Please advise. I am trying to add to 3750x which is the higher version. Switch   Ports  Model              SW Version              SW Image------   -----  -----    ...

premsmily by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was reconfiguring my switches over the weekend to try to enable QoS to try to improve my voice quality with my new ShoreTel phone system.  Some of the commands I was trying to use on a port level were not working,Not recognized on trunk ports:switc...

Hi.This is my problem, I have one cisco 3750x with 24 ports and one C3KX-NM-1G module. when I connect one gbic sfp-lx in the gi 1/1/1 the port doesnt up.But when I connect the fiber to another switch the link works.There are problems with this kind o...

Team, Last evening (Christmas eve) we setup a pair of Cisco 3850 with IP Base version 3.3.35SE (recommended) and 3.7.0E (very latest).We got these to replace a very old switch that had died. Attached to this network are windows 7 PC's with all the st...

joe19366 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, Is there any way to create multiple subnets under one VLAN ? Right now, I am using VLAN 110 and it's IP is 172.16.0.1/16.We have three types of devices on this VLAN.I want to create 3 or 4 subnets for those devices under this VLAN for re...

Greetings!   I have a Cisco switch model WS-C3650-48TS-S and I configured in one of its interfaces flowcontrol receive on but when I check the interface using show interface I noticed that input flow-control off and output flow-control unsupported I ...

I NEED COMPARISON BETWEEN CISCO VS-C6509E-SUP2T vs S9700  , becuse i have a very compettive offer from huawei , really i need to onvince my customer that cisco 6500 is better than huawei 9700 in performance 

MMoharam1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

3 switches in the same broadcast domain (transparent mode), approx 200 vlans. Trunk links between switches allow all vlans 1-4096 I setup arp inspection for 1 particular vlan to troubleshoot an arp server issue, possibly an unintentionally arp MITM. ...

Hi,i seem to have experienced a 2960 switch with IGMP Snooping enabled, flooding multicast out of all trunked ports. When I enable a querier IGMP Snooping kicks in and starts to do its job.(Portfast enabled so shouldn't be flooding on tcn)I can't fin...