Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

With Cisco’s implementation of spanning-tree MST, particularly instance 0 (zero), does instance 0 (zero) use Vlan 1 for communications to other switches even if Vlan 1 is barred from crossing a link?Is there a URL that speaks to this detail? ThanksF...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am using a WS-C2960S-24PS-L. Although, it has 28 interfaces when I connect to it I can see 56.cisco WS-C2960S-24PS-L (PowerPC) processor (revision C0) with 131072K bytes of memory.Processor board ID FOC1529Y3E5Last reset from power-on3 Virtua...

Hi folks,I need to configure VSS on cisco 4507R+E switch with SUP8-E,but the problem is that as per the latest relase notes VSS is not supported on sup8-E. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/OL_32143-01.htmlCa...

Resolved! 2960s VLAN routing

Hi, I could use some help with an issue I'm experiencing setting up a lab environment, just getting into learning some networking.  Using a 2960S-24PD-L switch, running the 'lanbase-routing' template and IOS is 15.2.  I have created a few VLANs (vlan...

stace by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,let's take a look at this scenario. I have two Clients connected to a Switch each with a 1 Gig Link. The two Switches are connected via a 10Gig Link. Is the 10 Gig Link making the connection between the two Clients faster than having just a 1 G...

desweiler by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm trying my first VLAN configuration.I have seven CISCO 321 WAP connected to two Cisco SLM2024 switch.These switchs are connected to one another, and one of them is connected to a router, DrayTek Vigor 2925.DHCP is managed by a Windows Server 2...