Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! HSRP Redundancy

Hey everyone!My company has two C4507 switches configured for its core infrastructure.  Each core has 5 identical modules installed and everything is cabled for redundancy. The cores also have HSRP configured for all the vlans.  It's a pretty typical...

I've been tasked with opening port 389 (LDAP) for Mimecast ingestion for our exchange server.However, I just cannot get it to connect. I can see matches on the ACL. But the connection keeps getting refused. Config is below. I've redacted it for priva...

Using a Win 7 laptop and a linux PC, I fail to connect to a 2950 switch.  Here is the Show Run:Current configuration : 1324 bytes!version 12.1no service padservice timestamps debug uptimeservice timestamps log uptimeno service password-encryption!hos...

paquinjrm by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have done a lot of research on the subject and found that the 3750 is best left without any QoS enabled. customer is complaining about a lot of dropped packets and this is affecting realtime traffic quite a bit. What i want to do is, compelelty dis...

Hi,I am relativly new to Cisco (So excuse any dodgy config please) and am struggling to get my port forwarding working on my Cisco 887VA, ultimately it will be for PPTP VPN's but using a online port checker it is not showing the port as open.It works...

Hi again, I'm looking at pruning some of our VLAN traffic across the network. We have a large number of VLANs in our VTP domain and it just makes sense to prune them out. I have a couple of questions that I'm struggling to find answers for.1) VTP Pru...

Hi All, i have a problem with DHCP Server.we used Cisco WS-C4503-E with IOS cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SG1.bin.for the existing DHCP server is running well.-------------ip dhcp pool ACB123   network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0   default-router 192.168....

i have cisco 3560 series switch i have create two vlan for one for lan and one for wan i have enabled ip routing but i am only able to ping internet but if i am trying my lan ip it is not ping switch is connected to fortinet firewaal. my requirement ...

Hi, I've just started working for a new company and while I was getting to grips with their set up I have discovered that our core layer 3 switches, 2 pairs of 4500 switches, are using VLAN 1 for the majority of our servers.I wish to migrate the addr...

Hi.I have a setup working on a Cisco 1812 running 15.1(4)M7.I'm starting from a working setup (but a rather large config, so not practical to post and sanitize here) and I'm trying to add new WAN link and use this new links for the users of one of th...

Hello, I have a couple of questions on the behaviour of IGMP snooping on Cisco 2960 and 3750: What happens if I enable IGMP Snooping but don't have a querier on the VLAN? "show ip igmp snooping groups" will then not show anything.Is multicast then dr...

desweiler by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to find a way to show the current IOS version running in a 4500X. The show version indicates software running default and other commands like show bootvar only indicates what I have configured. Is there other way? Is it related to configu...

Hi,I have problem with Vlans configured with hsrp. One router stops sending hsrp hello packets for all vlan and vlans starts flapping in case they were standby on the other router (debug results below).Vl111 Grp 111 Standby router is unknown, was 10....

jasu30000 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card