Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,One of the PSU's on a 6509-E is having a very strange issue where only 1 of the 2 power receptacles on PSU#2 works, even after swapping the PSU with a spare. I am trying to verify the power input voltage, and I'm not sure if...

Hello, Here's the problem: Equipment in VLAN 26 from the trunk link must send a request to the interface 39 of the switch at the top to reach the interface 1 of the switch at the bottom. This request must exit through the interface 12 of the switch a...

jro000001 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. We are planning to implement 2 Catalyst 4507 R+E Switches and are currently opting for the latest SUP 8E. Our Main concern is whether or not the SUP 8E supports VSS at this time and is commercially available. There are so many conflicting reports...

Hey Guys,If I have a router with 3 sub interfaces off of a GigabitEthernet interface which is directly connected to a switch via a trunk, would I need to set 'ip ospf mtu-ignore'?I'm assuming that if I'm running subinterfaces using dot1q, that the mt...

Hello,       We have an ASR1001 and I would like to configure IP INSPECT. According to the IOS XE command reference guide, IP INSPECT is a valid commandhowever when I try to enter the command on the router, it is not recognised. Do I need a license t...

gerdo1961 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts!Does IP Event Dampening have any effect on the routing if its configured under a switchport?Like this:               interface GigabitEthernet1/0/6     switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q     switchport trunk allowed vlan 10-200     switc...

We have a cisco 1900 router. I m new to cisco routers commands, recently started learning. I need to forward all requests coming from port 1723 from outside to inside server ip. I check "show running-config" and I see already forwarded ports and ip l...

I am confused as to why bgp deterministic-med command is needed in the first place. As I understand it, MED is compared (by default) for advertisements coming from same AS.... bgp deterministic-med also says to compare updates from same AS. Then why ...

I have a Cisco 881 router and would like some help setting it up to work with the situation described below.The server needs to be accessible from both networks but needs to receive Internet from the right hand side.Current setup is:Left side has ext...

We are trying starting a core switch migration from a 4507 to a 4510.  The two switches are links together by a vlan trunk that is also a port channel.  We also have a port channel running from the 4510 up to our UCS server environment.  All fiber up...

prekojo by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all ,        please help me to solve this problemL3SWPPCL#copy flash:c3750-ipservices-mz.122-35.SE5.bin tftp:Address or name of remote host []? 10.128.193.99Destination filename [c3750-ipservices-mz.122-35.SE5.bin]?%Error opening flash:c3750-ipser...

Hello, looking for suggestions before opening up a TAC case. Just received a Nexus 3000 with NX-OS 6.0(2)U2(1) and when I attempt to walk the ifTable via SNMP the ifIndex table is not present. Walking the ifIndex table itself results in  "IF-MIB::ifI...

nickrad by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I know it might not be the right forum but for my studies i needed this to clear up. Is it possible for one radio to transmit at 2.4 and 5 ghz at the same time ? I think not since the oscillator can only work at one frequency at a time (its m...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes