Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello all, I have been looking around the community to resolve an issue on creating Ehter Channel connections between my 6509 and a server that uses Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 4 to create NIC Teaming.I have found various configuration settings t...

Hi,does anyone know what the meaning of the optional field  [ 0 | 3 | 7 ] for the opsf authentication? •ip ospf message-digest-key key-id md5 [ 0 | 3 | 7 ] keyI read tha for example:7(Optional) Specifies a Cisco type 7 encrypted password to generate ...

Hi everybody.I hope you guys are doing great. It has been a while since last visited the forum.  I have been focusing on my new job. I have few questions about LDP:R1-f0/0-------199.199.199.0/24----F0/0-R2R1: loopback1 : 1.1.1.1 ( Used as ldp id)R1: ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

if you was to design a Gaming LAN for a company which include 4 groups of 12,24,36,48 and they were going to play each other in both LAN game and Online game( no matter what game)How much average bandwidth would you think is necessary?( as a general....

Resolved! Data Trace

Hi, I have connected two normal cisco switch from cisco 2960 managable switch. The normal switch is connected to interface 0/1 and interface 0/2. I can see the abnormal traffice between these interfaces. The MRTG graph shows maximum bandwidth utiliza...

Hello,Can anyone tell me there own requirements they have when creating subnets for there organizations such as the number of hosts, departments, security, Qos, servers, layer 2, layer 3, and bandwidth, etc?Thanks,Any recommendations would be greatly...

Hi All,When we are going to specify the opsf area id, we can use two different notations:- A decimal number in the range from 0 to 4294967295- dotted-decimal notation similar to an IP address, such as A.B.C.D.             Now, let´s assume I want to ...

hi  all ,i have an issue with nat , ive read alot about nat . ........................................>so ,now assume i have subnet x and i owant ech user in this subnet , if he requested any  destination  with port cc i want the  , the destination b...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I need some help.I would like to understand the practical application of using root guard and MST (or PVRST+ for that matter) where different MST instances have different nominal root and secondary positions within the network?Explicitly, wher...

Hi experts  we have   a  4600  series  switch and  i am  trying to configure  multicast  inside  a vrf .   core(config)#ip multicast-routing ?  as  i see we dont  have  support  for   vrf  multicast   right now . ie   ip multicast-routing vrf  VPNA ...

Hello everyone,Does somebody knows if the catalyst 4507R+E with WS-X45-SUP7-E supervisor is able to route jumbo frames? In global config mode I only see the "System mtu" command but not "System mtu routing" such as in the 3750X. Thanks in advance,Gre...

Hi,I am marking Microsoft-DS SMB file sharing traffic with DSCP 46 and it supposed to be priorized over FTP traffic however each has 50% bandwith when files are being uploaded.I would like to see that SMB is getting priorized.Please give me suggestio...