Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi there,Thanks for reading.  I have a NEXUS 5596 which I'm trying to get talking to a Windows 2012 Radius server.  Seems pretty straight forward but I'm not seeing any progress.Here's what I've configured on the NEXUS:radius-server host 10.11.54.2 k...

Bob Greer by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am planning to implement VSS on two 4506-E Sup 7-E switches. We're currently running HSRP on all of the SVIs. What happens when i run the VSS commands and restart  the switches? Does the HSRP configurations still stay? Also, would there be any conf...

The DHCP server my Macs use is not on the local subnet.  In my firewall rules, I allow traffic from the DHCP server address UDP 67 to local UDP 68, and that works... until it doesn't.  Every now and then, I find a machine with a zeroconf address and ...

jnojr by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I teach at a small college and they have limited equipment. There is 1 switch and now they want to share it between 2 classes. Each class has a server. Both servers have beed given the role of a DNS server and each class has created a domain. Thus bo...

millergeo by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have some issue with high cpu usage on my cisco Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch.After I configured Policy Base Routing(PBR), cpu utilization was about 97% when the high traffic was passing through to this policy.Please kindly let me know how to solve th...

Hi all,I've been troubleshooting a weird issue recently. I have 2 x 3750G-12S as a distribution layer providing routing functions for a layer 2 access layer. The distribution layer hold the SVI's and are running HSRP between them. They have a cross c...

Aileron88 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 2 x 3750 stacked, the port number of the master switch is gigabitEthernet2/0/1, slave as gigabigEtherent1/0/1.Can I change the port numbering so that the master switch gets GigabitEthernet1/0/x?Cheers,Hannah

leepeiwai by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Sh platform health says K5CpuMan Review is the culprit. Cisco docs says that is caused by traffic. Is there any way to track down the specific traffic load causing the CPU load? It is a 6E supervisorSent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I configured switchport voice vlan on our access switches for a phone vendor, whose phones support CDP.  They manually configured the VLAN ID on every phone anyway.  However, it is working.  My question is, if I issue the switchport voice vlan vlan-i...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card