Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI`m converting a network from L2 to routed.For various reasons I want to do this without having to cange IP setup for all clients.Will it work if I set up OSPF between routers and define VLANs with same gateway address.And then add /32 enteries for...

perpaal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I would like interconnect 2 lan. One with 172.17.86.X submask 255.255.0.0 and another with 192.168.1.X submask 255.255.255.0So i must have a router. I found RV180. It has an wan port, but could i set it in lan port ?Doest it a good choice or ...

g34012201 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a 6509 with VS-S720-10G. Today we run IOS image s72033-ipservices_wan-mz.122-33.SXH8b.bin. We are go in to insert a WISM2 module in this platform. My question is: Which IOS image we can upgrade our platform to support the WISM2 module?B...

t511820 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I have 2 switches in this 3750 stack.  The 12S was switch 2 (Master) and the other is switch 3 (member).  I'm getting ready to add another 12S to the picture. I wanted to make the current switch 2, switch 1.  So I renumbered it and rebooted it.  I...

About a year ago we needed to upgrade the supervisors in our 6509 we also needed to have more than 2 scan sessions. We replaced it with a 4507. Now I need to tell management how this 4507 has improved our network.  Things such as backplane speed, etc...

Dear Friends,in my cisco 3560  switch all network are connected.one attendance device also connected with this switch ,some  days befor it made a big problemwhen i am disconnecting that device my network is working fine and when i am connecting it's ...

We desided to install cisco network assistant. After the installation we had telnet connection problem to 4510+r, and standby sup restarted changed to standbuy cold.Before the installation everything was fine. Also after installation, commandline con...

Hi all,We are seeing high CPU utilisation (70-80% and higher!) on a switch stack and I have done a little digging!!  I have found the following which seems a little high to me:stac11-chil-gbr#show processes cpu sortedCPU utilization for five seconds:...

Dear Everyone,We have CISCO2901/K9 with 8 Port GE POE EHWIC Switch on Slot 0 SubSlot 1 ( EHWIC-D-8ESG-P ) .Suddenly 3 switch ports are red ( blinking not steady ) and there is no connectivity.When the client removes the cable and puts it in another p...

Dear all,Is it possible to apply Time restrictions to a specific VLAN?e.g. I want the users of that VLAN to be able to acces the internet only from 10:00 am to 5:00 pmThanks in advance!Haji

Hi - Still finding my feet in the cisco world so please bear with me.Just got four 3850s in the office and I'm having a go at configuring them. I have a base config running securing the various lines and services but I cannot get the switches to stac...

GarethGann by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes