Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Greetings!I need to find information (user guides, manuals, etc.) of the three switches in our network - Catalyst 2560-S. I can't seem to find much information on this switch so I'm guessing it is old? Anyways I'll appreciate it if I can find any/all...

I've missed what I surmise to be a basic yet critical step in configuring a small 891 isr. So basic that I've put off asking since Friday:Here's the overview which might be enough to skip the long version:I can ping and resolve WAN-side things from t...

obi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 1841 router and a Cisco 2950 switch. I am unable to get out of my network. I have ran various scripts and still no luck. Here are my Scripts maybe someone see what im missing. ThanksCisco 1841:Int fa0/0no shutdownexitint fa0/0.99descri...

I met a friend a few days ago who is leasing space in a few buildings. The space came with Cisco equipment and is currently in use. I drew a diagram in Visio the best I could and was looking for advice regarding this current topology. He has two ISP...

shimabuku by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Any know how many times w/in a time frame a mac address needs to show up on two ports before a mac-flap error is logged?  And is there a way to tune that threshold?We're running some ap's in flex mode, and a few handheld clients are roaming between a...

I have a remote VPN router set up and my client keeps changing the configuration. I pulled the following chunk from the running-config:crypto isakmp policy 10 encr aes 256 authentication pre-share group 2 lifetime 3600crypto isakmp key ###### address...

Dear sir/ma,I need a smartcare service on a cisco1941 router.how can i achieve this and what is smartcare itself?Is smartcare different from smartnet?bradebola

I currently have 2 ISPs and have one configured on the 2911 on a subinterface. Both ISPs are providing me with a static IP. I am not quite sure how to tackle the 2nd ISP on the 2911. Should I just create another subinterface on the 2911? What about N...

shimabuku by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 6513 Chassis's VSS

Hello Guys,I had a question regarding the optimal setup for dual 6500's with supervisor modules using VSS. I know with one 6500 with two supervisor modules, you are exposed as far as a chassis failure goes, but if I introduce another chassis into the...

Hi I work for a small ISP and ran into loop problem few weeks ago and like to see how different other engineers would tackle the problem that I faced .I am a firewall engineer and does not have much knowledge on switching and routing.Servers in clien...

zagato_79 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,  Is there a specific design guide when using ASA clustering with Nexus vPC? Basically I have two ASA which will be deployed in a clustering manner. The two ASA will then connect to two Nexus 5K in vPC mode. The security team wants to connec...

xshant by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes