Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I'm adding a 3750X-24T-S to an existing stack of 2 3750G-24-TS switches.  When I added the new switch and powered on the stack I received a version mismatch error.I've found documentation on compatibility with IP Base, etc. but nothing for the ...

This is a theroretical question/design as a way to hack dynamic routing over VPC. Can anyone see any holes in this?Assume all links are trunksAssume subnet 10.10.10.0/24 exists in the Route Table in the 7K cores via some EIGRP neighbor not shown.

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am in the process of configuring a 4500x switch and need to restrict inter-vlan traffic. Please suggest an optimal way of accomplishing this task.vlan 3 - 10.101.3.x - Infrastructurevlan7 - 10.101.7.x - Productionvlan4 - 10.10...

Nick wfd by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Two core layer 3 switches were configured with HSRP.R1 is active and R2 is standby.There is a external DHCP server connected on R1 and R2.I enabled the dhcp snooping and IP help-address on each core switches.I could find the DHCP snooping binding tab...

luo_40201 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I inherited networking environment in an office and I'm trying to understand a few things.Basically I have 2 switch catalyst connected through a trunk port. One port from the main switch (configured as a trunk too) is connected with an ASA firewal...

Hi All,I am having trouble with EIGRP default network advertisement.I have entered the ip default-network 172.16.0.0 command on R1.The route is marked as a cadidate default on R2 but gateway of last resort is not set. Why?Also, the static route on R1...

Hello there, I am testing enabling "directed-broadcast" in my network. I am using real cisco equipment in the topology below: I have implemented static routings and Host A can ping Host C and Host D successfull and vise versa.  So, in HOST A,  i open...

Hello, I want to port forward protocol 8443 to a server behind my Cisco router.My Cisco router is in turn connected to an ADSL PSTN facing router.I understand the command to do this would be:ip nat inside source static tcp {localServerIPAddress} 8443...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am a Cisco novice.  I have used Configuration a few times with success.  Now I am trying to bind a few DHCP addresses, but the window that opens does not display any action buttons, so I can't add new bindings.  I have tried stretching the window, ...

cpatcisco by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes