Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI wounder if there is any way to ping the local deviceses connected to a network hosted by a Cisco 1921 router? I wan't to be able to ping the device(computer name) but currently cant do that.for example if a device is named "cisco-router" then I w...

Hi,Does anyone know what is mean the field below :  Misdirected Packets                          Switch#sh ip dhcp snooping statistics detail Packets Processed by DHCP Snooping                    = 1212 Packets Dropped Because    IDB not known      ...

I have a Cisco 1921 Router, a Cisco Catalyst 2960 and a Cisco Catalyst 2970 and I want the router to be able to assign ip-addresses by what VLAN a device is active on.VLAN1: 10.0.0.0/24VLAN2: 10.0.1.0/24The router is connected to the Catalyst 2960 an...

hello everyone,please help me out when you get a chance.in the diagram,for ISP A and ISP B failover, eBGP.for Router_1 G0/1 and Router_2 G0/1 interfaces : HSRPfor Router_1 G0/2 and Router_2 G0/2 interfaces : HSRPfor ASA_1 G0/1 and ASA_2 G0/1 interfac...

Hi there, hoping someone can help with this one:I have a Cisco 3750 stack with 5 members.Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------     1 24    WS-C3750G-24T      12....

Hello,I have these two track statements.track 10 ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 reachabilitydelay down 30 up 30!track 20 interface GigabitEthernet0/1 line-protocoldelay down 30 up 30I like to have a track list like this,Either object 10 or 20 is do...

I have 2 nexus 5K's with 2 2K's in an active active toplogy and I'm trying to use config sync across the 2 5k's to simplify the fex configuration process and minimize the chance for errors. I've got it setup but on the local switch that I imput the c...

I have 3560's in my current environment, operating in the core/distro/access layers. The switches are in a star configuration, performs only layer 2 switching, and utilizes copper (no plans on moving to fiber).With a fairly limited budget, I've been ...

gnurph69 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,In a lab environment I have stacked Master switch 3750-x series 48 ports & 3750G -24ps slave success fully.The both have ios 12.2(55)SE6.However we have in production a 3750x series 48 ports and I tried to stack a 3750G to i...

q-le by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have multiple 2960 in the field and are having issue holding the Vlan1 ip address. Seems that after a period of time if the switch gets rebooted 1 or 2 things happen. The switch loses it's entire config or the ip address that is assigned to the vl...

I have an 861 that we are using for a test network and need to add static igmp addresses for multicast.  We are using the router as a router on a stick with subinterfaces on the WAN link.  I've looked everywhere to see how to add the static igmp addr...

ewood2624 by Level 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Wondering if this switch is capable of being a backbone switch for a network of about 1000+ users and if the switch can handle a sustained 30Meg of data going across it?