Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! STP problem

Hey guy! I need some help for my network LAN.I have configurated some switch ( catalyst 3560 )access with the Fastethernet in access for Vlan 360. This Device is trunked with a Core ( caltalyst 6509)  layer, trunked itself with another distribution l...

d.navetto by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,maybe this is not the correct forum but just wondering if anyone can suggest any good network monitoring tool other than solarwinds please (mainly for cisco but would be nice if it can monitor servers as well)?Thanks                  

Hi all i have some questions about overrun count in show interface gix/y. first, overrun is defined as the below "receiver hardware is unable to hand received data to a hardware buffer because the input rateexceeds the receiver's ability to handle th...

Ray Han by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have observed than I can add priority 0-6 to an access port. I thought this priority was valid only to tagged ports/trunk ports because the CoS priority could be applyed only to tagged frames.Please, how it works this priority¿Thanks ¡¡¡

Hello guys!I've got several 1941 routers in branches and Windows 2008 r2 with AD and DNS in Datacenter.Sometimes we loose connectivity to our dns server and i would like to specify several dns servers for clients: internal dns server and external dns...

I have seen this on 4 ASA devices:At devices running older versions than 8.4(5) it is possible to update to 9.1.1 but after updating to 8.4(5) the devices tells me that "There are no upgrades available, your system is up to date" when I "Check for AS...

bjarke by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,I'm currently in the midst of obtaining my CCNA, so please excuse the seemingly ignorant questions/descriptions.We purchased a cisco 1921 router to replace a software firwall not long ago.The router was sold as a firewall with the suggestion t...

allitnils by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,Trying to understand STP root bridge  in a networkSwitch A  is SVI  for VLAN 527  and is running PVST  mode.sh spanning-tree summarySwitch is in pvst modeRoot bridge for: nonesh spanning-tree vlan 527VLAN0527  Spanning ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've taken the time to create a document that outlines the steps needed to implement Private-VLans (PVLan) in a normal VLan environment.PVLan Promiscuous Access-Link interfacing with another switchPVLan Promiscuous 802.1q Trunk-Link interfacing with ...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,I have a question when we configure IP sla for dynamic fail over it works as expected but when the link switched to the back up link it has intermittently disconnects and then comes back up.We hav etested its not the issue with the service provid...