Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, Lets say i have 2 3750 switches stacked via backend stack cables. Now if a packet needs to go from 1 switch in the stack to second switch in the stack, will it travel via stack cable or do we need to connect both switches via uplink ports (et...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,assumed I have configured a Gigabit Interface with the max. possible MTU of 9216 byte (incl. L2 Header and Trailer)interface g1/1 mtu 9198or system mtu jumbo 9198Cisco wrote the following:"... When you enable a port for 802.1q trunking, the sw...

HelloMy question is within a normal function able network, Will a server with public IP address be able to access networks past ISP if there isnt a DHCP server or NAT configuration?To be more clear can a public IP address be forwarded out of network ...

pezhmankh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are installing a Mitel VoIP system.  The switch is in layer 3 mode.   My data is currently on VLAN 1, untagged and PVID 1 (10.10.1.0/24).  In preparation for the new VoIP, I setup a VLAN 30.   It is VLAN 30, tagged (10.10.2.0/24).  The ports are i...

jdurrence by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We want to bundle four gigabit ethernet ports together on a cisco 6500 in such a way that, these ports together should be having one ip address.This ip address is to be used for routing.Is Port channel the best option or is there any other better ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have 5x Cisco 2960 and 1x Cisco 2960G. All of them are using IOS Version c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE6.binI'm having poor inbound speed with ALL of the Cisco 2960 (except 2960G) although the outbound speed is normal.The port is 100Mbps Full-D...

tmq626 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Im using a 2801 router with a nat configuration.The issue im having is the nat seems to be allowing only one machine at a time through the nat.the range i am testing is 192.168.243.0 The firmware is c2801-spservicesk9-mThe config is as followsThan...

hi, im reading about the supervisor 720 for the 6509 chassis, and this comes up: Q. Does the Supervisor 720 support all existing Cisco Catalyst 6500 series  interface and services module, protecting customer investments? A. Yes. The supervisor 720's ...

I posted this under Optical Networking, but thought I would also post it here to see if anyone had any thoughts:We are trying to run 10GB fiber between two network stacks. The network stacks contain a combination of 3750Gs and 3750Xs. In the 3750Xs t...

Has anyone sucessfullly impletemented SNA in a VBlock environmentToday, we are working but when we move to the VBlock, it stops working.   I dont know if it is because the server and the router is not connected to the same switch in the new Virtual e...

thomuff by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes