Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Everyone,I read  to use standard ACL to permit only  IP address of your SNMP agent machines.Does this mean that switches running SNMP ?Say here  Switch has IP 192.168.10.3  Management IP When i check ACL on switch it does not sh...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, I would need help to correct my code. I am trying to setup the lab on Vlan topics. I have connectivity with all my vlans and I can ping from all my vlan, the FastEthernet 0/1 which is connected to internet. But I dont have internet connectio...

Resolved! About Routers

Hi I have some questions,When we talk about Routers interfaces, does "WAN" interface and "Internet Port" means the same or both can be different?---Posted by WebUser Fahad Ahmed from Cisco Support Community App

When I put "clear ip ospf process" after changing router-id on GNS3 , I got the bug that there was the output of "show ip ospf neighbor" but there was no ospf route . like following outputafter that , again I did put " clear ip ospf process "  withou...

Hello,We backup the running config on the 6509 does it also backup the vlan.dat as well?I tried command dir/all and just dir but did not see the vlan.dat listedthanks in advanceMark

I'm copying an IOS .bin file from my hard drive to my thumb drive so that I can carry it into our lab to do some testing.  I get a screen pop with Title Bar: "Confirm Stream Loss".  The warning says: The file 'xyz.bin' has extra information attached ...

per_2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi;We use 802.1x environment on cisco 2960 switches with windows 2003 radius server.Switch ios : 12.2(50)SE1           C2960-LANBASEK9-MIn switch config example;.......interface GigabitEthernet0/9 switchport mode access authentication port-control au...

Hi All.I've tried to upgrade IOS on C1841 router (Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(15)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3); System image file is "flash:c1841-ipbase-mz.124-15.T7.bin") using CCP2.5 and couldn't do it as CCP was c...

Hello Everyone;I have  two cisco 6509-E catalyst  chassis with Dual VS-SUP2T-10G Supervisor Engineen each. All VS-SUP2T-10G have IOS: s2t54-ipservicesk9-mz.SPA.150-1.SY3.bin. Before I configured VSS all modules working ok on both chassis, Below is sh...

Hi All,I have a Cisco3560G switch that has a route map places on one of the SVI interfaces. I am trying to tftp from the switch to the NMS (which is on the same VLAN) yet when the route map is in place, it fails (although the NMS see's the traffic, i...

NES IT by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Why are loopbacks advertised as /32 host ?I have read following FAQ but I want to know the core reason for this. I mean why did cisco make it like this .Is this just the specification ? or Is there some reason for this ? ?http://www.cisco.com/en/US/t...

Trying to configure an 891-W on my home network.Basic TW cable modem ---> 891-W with DHCPI have done the following and are getting an IP address but no internet.I have FE8 set as DHCP and VLAN1 as 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0I originally thought that "W...

sjackowski by Level 1
  • 28 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes