Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In STP, the switch increment the Message Age every time that receive a BPDU from the Root Bridge.What does it do a switch in RSTP with the Message Age when it receive a BPDU from his neighbor?Thanks!Juan

Juan Urti by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,After some theory in NETACAD I decide to do some hands-on on some (small) real stuff In case of some other newbies are looking for some some full working router on a stick with DHCP and INTERNET and VLANS.The configuration is as follow :On the ...

Hola Estimados, soy nuevo por aca y me gustaria si me pueden ayudar con el siguiente problema,  hace tiempo que tengo este flapping en uno de los switch de core de la compañia, las interfaces Po4 y Po5 estan conectadas cada una a un WLC, si bien no e...

Can someone please confirm whether the Catalyst 3550 with IOS Rel. 12.2(44)SE is compliant with POE IEEE 802.3af?   I see some conflicting informaiton on Cisco's web site. Before Release 12.1(22)EA2, Catalyst 3550 PoE-capable switches (without intell...

Hi!I want to see the access control list in the terminal of a cisco router, and all its related info (standard or extended, port, source, destination, interface,...). Does anyone knows the commands for this purpose?Thanks a lot!Ramiro Dos Santos

I want to make sure my understanding is correct . so please help me out .I saw the logical topology attached the file name is logical topology .I wondered how the logical topology cange into physical topology .and I made the physical topology attache...

Im not a cisco person but know some command. Our cisco network was setup before I came here and was given this issue to fix.I have a problem that I dont know how to fix. Our lan is subnetted out to different VLANS. I have one switch that will not pin...

Hi,We are having the attached videoconferencing setup (Polycom) with  our branch office. This setup is working fine over site to site vpn tunnel and we see a better voice & video quality all the time except during peak hours.  Since we are sharing th...

Shibu1978 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello - Basically I just want to know what will happen to traffic with the class-maps and policy-maps as per below.From this, I understand it so that the traffic will match the 'class-map ABC' however as this is not applied to the interface vlan 100 ...

Question a few days ago, I did a small lab this morning.When I unplugged the ethernet link (2950 into a mini switch) the interface reset counter did not increment.When I turned power off for about 10 seconds, then back up to the mini sw, the reset co...