Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi all,today, one of our 1841 had a slow connectivity and packet drop issue. my telnet session was very slow and found syslogs below.there was no high CPU but i've observed a high memory usage. i've also observed ARP table output was very long (from ...

Hello everyone. Can you help me please, I'm testing debug spanning-tree functions in a lab, hardware is Cisco 6509 with SUP-720-3B and WS-X6748-SFP, IOS is 12.2.33.SXJ. It's a root in some vlan's, stp mode is rapid-pvst.I wanted to see how spanning-t...

Hi,we have a WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE running CATOS software, we are facing a TCAM exhaustion.I would like to know the following:1. during an exhaustion, based on what ACLs will be kept in hardware or moved to software? the name or number gives any precedence...

G.I II by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have recently purchased a Cisco 871 router. In the GUI from the installed software, I have been able to configure which ports are forwarded to a specified IP address within my local area network.This seems to output a configuration line like this:i...

R is Router, S is L3 Switch and F is Firewall.R1, S1 and F1 are active. Rest are passive.R1 to R2 link is just used for iBGP. R1 will get better BGP PA.R1 and R2 will redistribute prefixes into OSPF. R1’s OSPF route will be better,OSPF will be runnin...

We have several DMVPN-connected sites that are connected to our 2821 ISR pair.They're all configured as eigrp stub connected summary.  Yesterday, a few of the sites went inaccessible, but the VPN tunnels were still up and running.  Upon further inves...

Hiif I want test no-cisco VoIP phone with cat3750 switch, do I need enable LLDP throught all the network equipments?the archtect is:     phone->cat3750-cat3750->cat6500->cat6500->VoIP servers. at this case, do I need enable lldp on all the catalyst b...

julxu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have Nexus 7K recently installed few months back with 2 Sup (Slot 5 & Slot 6).Recently recevied mesaanges in monitoring server via SNMP:Alarm : active unit removal caused an auto SWACT However, when checked there are no recent logs which ma...

I've got a network that I've inherited, which is also the company HQ and internet headend. At the moment there are about 700 devices on the LAN. Wireshark plugged into any switchport will yield about 5-7Mbps of broadcast traffic. This is also the fir...