Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are looking to purchase new routers within our environment, the routers we are looking at one come with two interfaces. I understand we could purchase additional modules.I was thinking of using router on a stick with vlans and bringing the connect...

Hi All,when we configure VSS in the Core on 6500 swithces, we make port channel to make bundle the VSS together. what about the confguration on the Access swithces, whihc will be connecting both the Chassis in VSS. do we need the uplinks from access ...

Hello everyone,My question that needs your expertiseWe have two Cisco 3750 switches connected by trunk port - SW1 has Vlan 172.16.1.x and SW2 has a route 172.16.1.x to SW1. IT staff is on SW2 Vlan 192.168.0.x and trying to ping computers/servers on t...

We have a metro Ethernet service, basically our WAN connection, that we use to connect 4 sites. This MOE service has a CIR of 200 Mbps, connected to a port on a 3550-12T running Version 12.1(22)EA5 at 1000 Mbps. We are exceeding our CIR at times duri...

thomasD11 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've got a cisco 837 and I'd like to configure it for my adsl at home.I've been trying to access via webGUI with no successs.The router came with its own configuration for the previous owner.I wasn't able to access via web browser so I reset th...

Cisco 4506-E port configurationWESTERN-4506-01#show int g4/47GigabitEthernet4/47 is down, line protocol is down (notconnect)  Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet Port, address is 0022.554c.01fe (fe)  Description: Trunk to 425  MTU 1500 byt...

jwmelton3 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If the load balancing is set to src-dst-ip, will a layer 2 switch forward based on that information? Particularly talking about a 6500, with trunk interfaces, since those packets never go to the layer 3 engine, will the load-balancing work as intende...

Resolved! VLAN Hopping

I have been reading that the double-tagged VLAN hopping attack only works when the attackers VLAN is the same as the native vlan of the trunk. I don't see why this is necessary, can someone help me understand?This is my current understanding of the a...

Hi all,I would like to do the following architecture with the same C3750 : network X,Y,Z connected to 3750 in VRF D the 3750 uses a routed interface on subnet E for the default route in VRF D on this routed interface a BYPASS EQUIPMENT the other BYPA...