Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Uplink ports?

I had a question reguarding connecting switches togeather in a lan. I saw somew videos where they use dedicated uplink ports to connect mulitple switches togeather. However, during my stuides, the way I practiced was to connect switches togeather by ...

Hello, I'm not entirely sure this is possible so after spending a week on it I thought I would ask.I have a network with a Catalyst 3750 as the main switch and then some Catalyst 2960 switches that are plugged in to that. I have a server running wind...

I have a client who is changing their management IP scheme as a bridge to replacing equipment and much of the old equipment (Catalyst 4000) is running CatOS and I am a bit weak in CatOS. The existing Management IP is setup as follows:set interface sc...

Dear All,I am planning to create a vlan for each factory department, the main issue is that there are up to 500 Pcs on the some Vlan.So I need to know which pc belongs to which department, in order to do this I think to use the DHCP database that giv...

ifabrizio by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We currently have around 150 2975 switches and have had problems with it them not handing out PoE power to the cisco phones and access points at random times.  There is plenty of power left for the switch to use.  We have at least 15 that will be run...

Hi Everyone,Hope everyones having a great day! I would like to request assistance from all the gurus here for an issue i have with a Cisco 7513MX PSU. There probably arent many people who are aware of 7500 chassis as they are quite old.Isse: PSU 1 fa...

ReVerie by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,In Cisco 3750 facing high CPU utilization for specific period. During this period traffic response times across the switch degradesRequest help to identify the issue and/or steps to identify interface potentially generating trafficI have attached ...

Hi all,I have two routers running VRRP, where the Virtual interface is the default gateway for the internal clients.I was wondering if it is possible to only let the "master" router advertise the virtual interface in EIGRP.So that if VRRP switches an...

We had an "Event" on our process network at the mill yesterday.  I connected a new WS-C3560V2-48TS-S to our network and we lost communications with all of the other switches.The core is a stack of 3 WS-C3750 switches, one is a -24TS-1U and the other ...

HiI have a cisco switche WS-C4503E-S6L-E i need to upgrade from LAN-base image to IP-base image. Do i need any licence from cisco for that?Also i want to order a new switch WS-C4503E-S7L-E.I know that i need to apply a licence for IP-base image on WS...

saqtam by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes