Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys, We got this:We want to understand when the switch marks MAC  "flap"? Is there some sort of timer? It s normal for the MAC address to be learned on one port and then another, but I get it's when MAC moves very quickly back switch generates th...

flaps.PNG
Myky by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The switches are connected by an optical patch cord. When transmitting data, errors increase on port 4912. Setting the speed and duplex on auto-negotiation or without auto-negotiation - the result is the same. The same cisco 2960S in conjunction with...

QIP Shot - Screen 008.png
ispukrsat by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I would like to hear your opinion.I'm just learnig about Cisco switches and routers, and IOS (Internetwork Operating System) commands.There I learned that "to abort DNS lookups, traceroutes, pings, or to interrupt an IOS process, use Ctrl-Shif...

solc by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

if a series is end of life do this mean that the particular switch/routers also fall under eol,for Eg. Cisco announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life dates for the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 7700 F2-Series Enhanced 48-Port Fiber 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet ...

Audit by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VTP pruning

HI  What is the difference between  VTP pruning & VLAN pruning in trunk, both are configured by manually and both features prevents the VLAN frame in trunk, then what is the difference ? Thanks in advance 

sivam siva by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just getting started with Virtual Stack and Layer 3. I have two MX100, in HA pair mode. I have two MX350-24X switches in Layer 3 mode The MX has DHCP on VLAN1 to provide MGMT IP to the switches.  I am blocking all DHCP on the Layer3 switches since I ...

Hello guys, can you help in getting a user tracking scripts?  Simply I need the mac address and IP for all the devices connected to the switch ports. We can get this manually using the show mac and show arp. I am looking for TCL or Python scripts to ...

yasseryy by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes