Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Im not going to lie, I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to switches.  I have recently purchased a second hand 3512 XL which I have managed to connect to via PuTTY and the console cable. I have familiarised myself with access privileges and rese...

Hello Everyone,I have a question. I have seen this somewhere and wondering how is this setup.How can you setup on a cisco switch to have multiple vlan's be attached to one port to where the client can have multiple different subnets but never have to...

I have HSRP running in my core between 2 routers and a switch connected to both.  From my switch, I have VLANs going to end switches.  I am seeing the HSPR broadcast going out all ports (as it should).  I want to deny this traffic from going out to t...

Hi everybody !I have some doubts about how to do traffic shaping !We have a router Cisco 1900 series (1921), with one 4-port fast Ethernet L2 card (HWIC-4ESW), and two GigabitEthernet ports.LAN side is connected to HWIC wich is a Layer 2 interface, a...

One question about IP SLA is if I can (and should) use the same port for all my IP SLA monitors on my router.  I use an external tool to configure the IP SLA commands and it keeps telling me that the port is already used.I just want to make sure that...

joerggrau by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the rv042 vpn router which is the main gateway for our internet, connected to the vpn is one server for a software and then another computer is connected for a web server software, well i need to get these setup like so, but have no clue how t...

Hi AllYet another confusion on MAC/ARP tables.. We have a unix server here, and it has a real IP eth0 - say 1.1.1.1, and Virtual IP on the same VLAN (say 1.1.1.2).. The issue is with linux servers, both real and virtual IPs have the same MAC ... x.x....

sblavanya by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I was wondering what is the standard practice for assigning global static ipv6 ip addresses. For example i have a /64 doing stateless autoconf however within this subnet I have some servers and I'm wondering if I should use the unique auto generat...

I have a Nexus 5548P and duing the install of the OS, a tech power cycle the switch when he wasn't supposed to.  Now the switch will not boot.  Are there any recovery procedures to recover an OS on a N5k?  After a power cycle it never gets anything o...

rdotson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I'm a bit new to Cisco, it's been 7 years ago that I passed my CCNA. I'm setting up a new network at my home and can't get it working.I have a Linksys E4200 that is connected to the internet.I have a Cisco 3560G-48TS for my virtualisation proj...