Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a Cat6006 with a Supervisor 1A, more specifically:WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE             SW 5.5(8)WS-F6K-MSFC                   SW 12.1(4)E1I want to upgrade the unit OS to be IOS and allow for a WS-X6148-GE-TX....However, I know the last supported v...

edw by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

System image file is "bootflash:cat4500e-entservicesk9-mz.150-2.SG4.bin"NAME: "Converter 4/3", DESCR: "Converter Module"PID: CVR-X2-SFP        , VID: V02  , SN: NAME: "Linecard(slot 4)", DESCR: "Supervisor 6-E 10GE (X2), 1000BaseX (SFP) with 2 10GE X...

francisg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I have been trying to configure my Cisco 1941 ISR to send traps to my NMS. There is a setting to configure timeout for TRAP message retransmissions but it doesn't state anywhere how many times a trap message is retransmitted. Does anyone ...

Ricky S by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, is it possible to send SNMP linkup and linkdown traps for a particular interface and that interface only?When I configure this trap my NMS receives traps for every single interface on my device.Please advise.

Ricky S by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to get a proof-of-concept working, and it almost does except for the final stage.I'm trying to make a loop of switches so that if one link goes down then all switches can communicate with each other:Switch A Port 0/48 <-> Switch B Port ...

Hi,it is still not clear for me what is the exact effect of a threshold in a queue, in comparison with the bandwidth allocated to the queue.Here are 2 examples, where I want to class 2 type of traffic, marked CS1 & CS4.The question is: is there a rea...

Hey everyone, I'm wandering if anyone can help me with snmp traps for 3G cellular interface on Cisco 1941 routers.I have a router with high speed connection on GigE0/0. When the high speed connection drops, router brings up the cellular interface and...

Ricky S by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to use BGP Routing in my network .Also  i have  two WAN Link from two Different ISP's  need to treminate on  two different Router.will  use  one link as active  and the other one  as passive  for  Internet access and  when the primary link goe...

Hi all,I would like to configure few routings on my Cisco router 871 in order to allow my employees to have access only to specific websites.However, since some websites have dynamic IPs propably the route that I will create will not work.My question...

Hello,In our network, we use MAC ACLs to control access to our network. We have 2 interconnected distribution switches. HSRP runs on both switches and an IP ACL is activated on the SVIs in the inbound direction. We found that the IP ACL applied to t...