Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is there any command to display the GBIC in the switch because I need to replace 3550 but I have no exact part number I need help the model is WS-C3550-24-SMI and try sh inventory sh hardware sh diag sh module

We have a switch that is not connected to any other switches. Spanning-Tree has been disabled. We are having problems with an application that is timing out. When Spanning-Tree is disabled, does the switch's ports go directlry to the forwarding state...

ballabal1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a couple of IBM blade chassis with Nexus 4000I 10G blade switch in it. Four 10G ports from each Nexus 4000I switch are bundled into a port channel and connected to Nexus 7K. On the 4k end, one port in the port channel is doing down and com...

Have a strange issue, I am unable to access a 3560 switch in a remote location using ssh or even ping it for that matter. I can access it by http and from what I can see everything is setup correctly. I can ping another switch on the same subnet.Soft...

I have been asked to research running VSS between 2 6509's between 2 sites?I am just going through the whitepapers and need to establish the link requirements for such a setup. Is it a valid setup?ThanksRoger

Hi all,   I have cisco 3750 with ipservices license and I am running with c3750e-universal-mz.122-50.SE2. And I would like to upgrade the IOS " k9" IOS. ie c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-50.SE2. Is there any license required for that ?Also any difference ...

Cisco SwitchI have Cisco catalyst 3560G and ce500 switch. I want mac based Vlan configureation on cisco switch . is this possible with this series of switches can it be done with upgrade to the OS versionPl contact Dinesh chavan 9860051380

dinchavan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IOS update

hi everybody,can someone please tell me how to know if i need a smartnet for the new IOS version or not.have a CISCO2801-SEC/K9 running the 12.4(23b) .but i need the 12.4(24)T. can i just update the IOS or do i need a support contract for that?i thin...

flokki123 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI was trying to give the following host name to my 3925 router.Iht comes up with the following error.DRT0(config)#hostname DRT#0% Hostname contains one or more illegal characters.% Hostname "DRT#0" is not a legal LAT node name, Using "CISCO_000...

Hello,I  have just ordered a batch of 3750-X stackable switches. I need to create 3 stacks of four switches offline and then put them in to production later (this is the first time I am working with stacks).I have tested this and my question is what ...

In the original firmware, when creating a vlan, one could select which vlans could communicate with each other for inter-vlan routing. It appears that this page was completely removed with this firmware upgrade, and now you can only switch inter-vlan...

jtlangton by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes