Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I made a serial connection with an xp box and used hyperterminal to connect.  I am prompted that the default username and password is cisco and that I would need to change it.  I think i am following the syntax example but i keep getting an error. so...

itsmetaso by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We use 2960G as a backbone switch. We are going to upgrade 3750G. Because of we need high speed back plane for data intensive application. May I know about pros n cons?

I have two questions regarding 3560E switch:1.       How many mirroring sessions are supported?2.       Does 10G port support mirroring? Are there any limitation related to mirroring with 10G port?I would like to elaborate on the 1st point, We have a...

Hi ALL, as far as I know that native valn is used for configuring Trunk ports . IF right then tell . and what is then DATA VLAN. Is any VLAN created for Access PORT is DATA VLAN . Right or Wrong ! Please HELP Thanks in Advance

Hi Guys ,I have Big problem since last week !I installed HWIC 1ADSL on my router but when i try configure it i can't show interface on router !Please anybody can help me urgent.Thanks so much

I have the following configtrack 10 ip sla 1 reachability delay down 5 up 5ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.71.0.1 name DEFAULT-ROUTE track 10ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2 20ip route 4.2.2.2 255.255.255.255 10.71.0.1 permanentip sla 1 icmp-echo 4.2.2.2...

Dear AllI was reading some documents recently and got confused by below statement regarding the FD Calculation"The lowest-cost route is calculated by adding the cost between the next-hop router and thedestination—referred to as the advertised distanc...

Hi all,I know probably a very simple one however getting a little confused.I have a single switch stack comprising of 2 x c3750 connected via stackwise.Customer is connecting to it with 1 fiber connection currently and I have another ready to be plug...

I have set up stack power on my 3750 stacks, they show as redundant but the stack topology is still showing as standalone. I am confused on how to get the Stack Topology to Ring as opposed to Standalone.

nshoe18 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Let's say I have a stack of two 3750s, 24 ports each (48 ports total).  The backplane is stacked correctly.I also have 20 Servers and switches which need to be availble to network users 24x7x365.How do I plug these 20 servers and switches into the...

cbalowski by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an ASA with 2 networks locally communicating with a remote PIX  through a VPN connection. The ASA network 172.16.10.x is communicating through the tunnel to the PIX network 172.16.11.0 just fine as desired. The 2nd network on the ASA is 10.168...

dhall8436 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I would like to as you that i have swich 2960 (10Unit) and switch 3560 ( 3 unit) and router 2821 ( 1 unite) and AP( 10 unit).So do you know software can manage all those product? Like monitor switch up or down, manage configure, check perfor...