Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,I am currently working on a design for our new network. We currently host our Production data centre on premise, with the business. We have approximately 120 users all based on the one site. We also have a DR site that is around 15kms from the...

Hi Guys,I wanted to ask a question that i have a cisco 3750 switch and on one of the ports there is a device plugged in device name(Cradle)The device is plugged into 4 scanners.So on one port there is going to 5 mac address generated.But i can only s...

priteshth by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! HRSP setup

Let say I have one router connected to two distribution switches called and A and B and obviously there is are trunk between them and they both running  HSRP and distribution A switch is the passive and B active, then the access switch 1 is connected...

Hi to all, i have a doubt concerning the virtual-link configuration, in the context of discontinuos ospf area.In order to configure a virtual-link we need to use the router-id ip address. R0<-----AS 0--------> R1 <------AS 16-------> R2<------AS 15--...

Hi,I have a 3560 switch and when it is booting send the following error:Unexpected exception to CPUvector 2000, PC = 4BA99C-Traceback= 4BA99C 4BA98C F17D10 F17DB0 AA3A48 AA3DCC 864AE8 85ED2CWriting crashinfo to flash:crashinfo_19930301-000003=== Flus...

Resolved! VSS switch setup

Let say I have one router connected to two distribution switches called and A and B and obviously there is are trunk between them and they both running VSS and distribution A switch is the master and B standby, then the access switch 1 is connected t...

Resolved! Failure on boot

I have bougth a new supervisor WS-SUP32-10GE-3B.I am using an old chassis (WS-C6509) and an old fan (WS-C6K-9SLOT-FAN).boot fails !Any suggestion ?Hardware configuration:Router#sh moduleMod Ports Card Type                              Model          ...

Hello,If two 6509 swiches have HSRP configure can I plug servers to both 6509 switches the active switch and passive switch and will both be able to route packets.  Also if I can plug servers to the active and passive 6509 switches if the active swit...

If an access switch is only connected to one 6509 distribution switch that is running HSRP and the port goes down can  the access switch connected to that port down still find a way to foward packets accross the trunk link to the other distribution a...

If the port 2 on one of the stackable switch goes down does the server connected to that bad port still have connectivity through other the stackable switches also one thing I need to mention is that the stackable switch that has that port 2 bad is s...

Hello,I have two 3750 stackable switches, if one switch goes down, do the computers connected to that bad switch virtually connect to the network through the other switch, or do you need three 3750 stackable switches for this theory to take effect.  ...

Dear all,could you please some one help me that i connected cisco 3560G switch and huawei S9303 model series point to point utp cable and tried to ping continously but often i get packet drops.I tried both devices as auto with auto speed but still sa...

noorbasha by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I the following setup:switch1 -->                  switch3 --> C2800 --> ASA --> Internetswitch2 -->the switches are C3560's.I would like to limit some ports on all 3560's to 2MG to the Internet (both ways) and drop all traffic surpassing that limit....