Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I have scheduled to replace a fan blade of a running Catalyst 6509 system, and I do not expect any downtime. If I remember well I have about 5 minutes to do so, else the system will automatically shut down. However, I cannot find any reference...

All,I was under the impression that a port needed to be trunked in order to have cos marked in the frame. I have the following:Host --> 2950 --> routerOn the router I have:class-map anymatch dscp cs3match dscp defaultmatch ip precedence 3policy-map a...

We have an occasional user's PC that is getting an IP from our DHCP server in the wrong subnet. The PC is in VLAN 2 with IP subnet range 172.16.2.0/24, and the DHCP server (172.16.2.10) is in the same VLAN. We also have a requirement for an applicati...

baskervi by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have just bought a new 4506-E with SUP7-E runing IOS-XE 3.1.0 SG. At the moment the SUP7-E has a lanbase license and came with the PAK to license it for ipbase. As at the moment in interface configuration mode I'm unable to use the command ip ...

Ok - here are a few key factors that relate to my question:-Every switch is a Cisco Layer 3 Switch (3560G)-All IP VLANS are defined on the drawing attached to this discussing, -Every port on ESW605-1 switch has an IP of .3 (on the respective vlans th...

we are facing an issue on Cisco 3750G-48TS switch with IOS version 12.2(46)SE. When we are applying the route-map Server could not communicate with internal LAN, even not able to ping its own Gateway, and only communicate with Internet. When we are r...

Our customer have an 891 router and they want to implement url filtering on their network, but they want to excempt certain ip addresses. They did not purchase the TrendMicro license, so I tried configuring CBAC (ip inspect name) but the problem is i...

kmong by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWe have 4 WS-C3560G-24TS running enterprise image running hsrp as our core switches. This week seemingly random once or twice a day ish  all 4 switches are unresponsive, all packets appear to be dropped. Duration of 5 to 20 seconds. then traffic is...

Hi,This might be a stupid question but I would like to understand how we can establish features like Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) or IP source guard with IP DHCP snooping on a live network.What would happen if we enabled all these features after all ...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Extended ACL

Dear All,Please help me out to get the information about the difference between 2 ACL as mentioned below:-1. access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq 59002. access-list 101 permit tcp any eq 5900 anyNB:- The requirement to permit incoming VNC request fo...

sdasgupta by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes