Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I plugged something into a new swtich (2960) that somone setup. The port lit up amber and never became green.I clicked the mode button to duplex and the port became green. After about 30 seconds the switch went back to its old mode setting and my por...

I am trying to learn about VLANs and attempting to create a 2nd VLAN on my Cisco 871 router on FastEthernet #3 as a secure "guest" network. I can't get my 2nd VLAN to access the internet.VLAN1 (default): 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0VLAN2: 192.168.4.1 25...

chrisdohan by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi need your helpon enablingSlot      Type                State                 Insert time (ago)0/1      SPA-4X1FE-TX-V2     out of serviceSlot      CPLD Version        Firmware Version--------- ------------------- ----------------------------------...

Hello,Our Internet router is a 2800 and has 2 fast ethernet ports and 2 serial ports.  However only one of our Cisco switches has a route to it, what would we need to do to link the other Cisco switch to it as this will give us some redundacy?Thanks

Hello,How many SVI (Switched Virtual Interfaces) it's possible to configure on Supervisor 6-E and 6L-E with LAN Base software?Please confirm me with a link to the appropriate site on cisco.com. Feature navigator do not show this information.Kamil

wkamil123 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a SIP software, whose name is "Zoiper". I can configure in SIP client to have a DSCP value for signaling and media. I attached a picture with the options about this.In my network lan I want to apply QoS to prioritize this Voip traffic.I am ...

ma.romero by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Catalyst 6509 with an ACL that includes a range of IPS with a route-map that work properly.When you try to add more sentences to this ACL including another IP range, we have seen that new IPs do not work correctly, then removing the ACL in o...

sdurn by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,     how do I grant privileges to non-privileged user, so he can shut no shut a specific     interface in some access catalyst switch like 2960?          thank you in advance - benzi

bmizrahi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Fa0 vs. Fe0

Hi,I've been labeling all my diagrams using Fe as an abbreviation for FastEthernet.  And know I see a colleauge using Fa instead.Are the two interchangeable?   Is one for a router and the other for a switch?  Is one for the way it looks on the back o...