Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I'm struggling with getting media device discovery on Windows 7 working across my network.  I have enabled multicast routing & PIM dense mode on the respective interfaces where the workstations are located, igmp snooping is enabled, the group 2...

Resolved! vtp question

I just changed the vtp domain name on a 3750 switch that was in client mode.Now I cannot login to the swich and the upstream swich only shows vlan 1 as not pruned on the link!Changing the domain name should not cause anything to chage should it?

Hi experts.When i turn on eigrp on 2 routers connected via ethernet interfaces, i see them exchanging hellos and then exchanging null update packets (using wireshark). Why is that so ? By null means, no prefixes are exchanged just a simple update pac...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi All,I understand how a root bridge is selected - that is the one with the lowest Bridge ID.But this is easily seen when we know how many switches there are in deployment and what bridge ID each switch has, my question is how does a switch figure i...

Hi,I've connected several 2960G switches to a 3560 "core" switches. They have been connected using a port-channel consiting of two gigabit ports, like this:2960G Config:interface GigabitEthernet0/21 + 22 description TO_3560 switchport trunk allowed v...

Hi every body.I have few questions about Snap header in the 802.3 ethernet.My book says"  another popular option exits for the protocol type field,particularly when sending ip packets. If the 802.3 type/length has a value less than 1536,the type/leng...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all.I have a 3845 router with 256 DRAM and 64 flash. IOS is 12.4(20)T advsecurity. This router is serving as a hub to more then 150+ branches. Firewall is connected to this router and beyond the firwall are 2 internet connections as well.At peek t...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I must be losing it. I'm setting up a 1721 router internally on my nework. I've configured both interfaces and both are up up. I've configured a default route and a name server but I can't seem to get it to route. can anyone see anything obvious?R...

Eggzter100 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

im wondering if there is anything to be gained by having 2 trunks running across my distribution layer switches, where each will allow only the vlans for each switch block....so switch block 1 which includes access layer switches 1 and 2 will support...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need to limit bandwidth or Reserver bandwidth for a network, Eg:Iam having 1Mbps connection and there are two vlansNetworkA128 is for Voice128 for Web256 for  dataandNetwork B256 for Voice in this network256 for data in this networkB.So any netw...