Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

My core port speed is set to a-100 and a-full. The switch the  core port is connected to is set to a-1000 and a-full. I am having problems when I connect to the access layer switch.When I change my core to 1000 speed  I can't telnet into my access sw...

I have a CISCO 2811 Router I have two ports configured.Fe 0/0 is 192.168.1.1Fe 0/1 is 192.168.0.9 Fe 0/1 is jumpered into a 9 port switch card (0/1/0) HWIC in the router. I have a DHCP server sitting off port 0/1/1 on sw card set to 192.168.0.1. (DHC...

sricker99 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two slm2048 switches. We've had them up for about 10 days. I noticed today one port that seems to be dead. It will show link but no activity. Also in the web admin interface it does not show as up when a cable is attached to it. There is ...

Folks,We have a 4006 switch that seems to drop connectivity on and off..... making it difficult for user to work.We have swapped out modules with a 4500 switch we had to see if makes any difference.I have cleared the interface counters on one of the ...

Resolved! vrf lite question

Hello...In our network, we have customers whom share the CE as us.  We would like to implement vrf lite but just use eigrp as the routing protocol.  The CE in this case is a layer 2 switch.  We have tried to run vrf lite with eigrp in the lab but for...

mrSS by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 2950 to 2950

I have a 2950 that connects fine to an old d-link.  Now,  however, we're puttingin a wlan and we're putting that on it's own vlan (the LAN only has 1 vlan). So, the d-link has to go as it doesn't recognize vlans (a really old switch).I replaced the d...

paulc by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The company that I work for has a vlan setup for each floor and each floor is connected via a switch which is then trunked to the management switch. From my understanding of a vlan, the purpose is to logically connect machines that are not physically...

Hi all, with COS, does this actually provide you with a mechanism to prioritize the traffic as it stands for class of service, not quiality of service, and this all happens at layer 2 ?

Hello,I am trying to classifiy incoming packets from IP phones using ACL. Below shown my detail config. However, when I use Wireshark and check packets arriving from IP phone, it shows DSCP=0.  It seems teh ACL doesn't applied on the access port.FYI,...

Hi,I'm completing my first vss software upgrade with efsu.  I followed the procedures but I'm getting an error message when trying to load the issu loadversion command.  (must be named first in BOOT [ bootdisk: ]).  The current running image is locat...

Hi,  I have a peculiar issue since Monday Jul.5,2010. There was network loop which slowly freezing my network & intermittent disconnections to the server sessions from the workstations. When i logged in the core & access switch, i saw the log  asJul ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card