Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,i want to know if is correct this configuration for FWSM routeing.i have a router 7200 with a lot of nekwork. Default route to internet a FWSM inside a Catalyst 6509. Catalyst and Rotuer use EIGRP to change routing table.i use on the FWSM this rou...

f.mottini by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a WS-C3750G-24TS-S that is getting IPC Open Port Errors.  Can anyone give me an idea of what needs to be done to fix them?  I was asked to look at this switch as it was taken out of service of one of my company's client's.  It would go up and ...

hi! I've a setup similar to the diagram in the file attached.my core switch has it own vtp domain and vlan 210 (transit vlan) is part of the vtp domain abc in the core sw. I've another switch on the production network which is configured with vlan45 ...

Hi !I'm currently studdiyng for BSCI certification exam. For my final preparation I use some practice exam to verify my knowledge before going to the test center.I'm not sure what I should understanding in this answer.The summary route will be source...

xine xine by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All ,I have one Cisco 6509 switch and there is no support contract for this switch and I want to enable firewall service and IDSM-2 on thisIm planning to purchase Firewall services module 3.2 and 600M IDSM-2 ModuleNow regarding the license .What...

Haris P by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I would like to enable QoS on a Cisco 857 router so I can give priority to VOIP traffic. I have not done this before, so wondered whether someone could point me in the direction of a good guide on this can be achieved.I have also read in different...

nickc1976 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, people..Here is a silly question that I am amazed I dont have an answer for.If a router has a 1Gbps LAN connection and all the outbound LAN traffic is heading out the router's serial interface, which is only a T1, how does the router handle th...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an issue with one of my remote switches where i am unable to telnet. My onsite engineer informs me there are no active vty sessions, I don't even get a username prompt before the window closes.  I have removed the ACL on the vty line so see no...

ccnak1ing by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4507 switch with the following:IOS ver cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-52.SGSup- WS-X4516-10GEThere are interfaces on the sup card that have a status of "inactive". How can I activate these interfaces? The #hw-module uplink select all command i...

Hi experts.I am using FWSM ver 3.2(5). I am facing problems regarding line number in access-list. See i entered the followingFWSM(config)# access-list temp line 10 per ip host 10.0.0.1 host 20.0.0.1FWSM(config)# access-list temp line 20 per ip host 1...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a variant server which is used in oncology and radiology department of my hospital. I have a strange problem that after they work for an hour there is packet drop and there work is lost and they have to do from starting as it is real time w...

So I have always used the following config: switchport port-security maximum 2 But I was on the phone recently from TAC and they said I needed to set it to three maximum. Any idea if this is correct or should I keep