Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,The company I work for is about to install VSS, I have been reading various documents on the web on the subject.I was wondering if anyone out there who has actually installed & used VSS is willing to share their experiences?Any info greatly ap...

Hi,I've got some switch cabinets which are quite packed with patch panels and switches and those long patch leads make it hard to manage and troubleshoot or even close the door of them cabinets. I was thinking about making short leads myself. For exa...

bierrrr.CC by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! bgp to eigrp

hion one of my router, cat6500, I have configure bgp and eigrp. they redistribute to each other. the bgp also has a default route from another bgp router as backup link.I can not test by cutting off active link, and currently, I can not see any adver...

julxu by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey this seems to be a pretty easy problem to solve but I need help with it.Here is my diagram:http://www.flickr.com/photos/31154535@N07/4604946818/sizes/o/What I want to do is build in redundancy for devices that are dual homed on these two stacked ...

Pete89 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

First time poster here and I am stumped!  I have two Catalyst 4006 switches that are on different floors of the same building.  I want to replace one of the switches with a smaller switch, a WS-C2960g-8tcl.  They are connected via fiber.  I was able ...

mgober by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have not done much cabling in the past but need to do for a setup. Basically I need to setup a switch in a conference room that goes to a 4506 switch.My questions area as follows :-1. I should be using a 'cross cable' and connect a network cable...

I had an incident where one of the staff plug in his switch and brought down the whole network. This was due to spanning tree running on my networkI want to disable spanning-tree on my network and stop users plugging the switch that could may bring d...

after1111 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to determine if this IOS image (s72033-ipbase-mz.122-33.SXI) has full EIGRP capabilities.  When I use the Cisco Feature Navigator it says this IOS has both "EIGRP" and "EIGRP Stub" listed.I know that this image (s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-...

mjgoodman by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes