Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have alot of interfaces that are seeing very high Total output drops and was looking for some direction on what we can do to help this. Here is what I am seeing on one interface....GigabitEthernet2/3/25 is up, line protocol is up (connected) Hardw...

burleyman by Level 8
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I've tried to run a wireshark and i noticed that there is one host that sending broadcast arp. When i find which device it is, i found out that its the mac-address of the SVI interface of Core_Switch. Is this normal? Any suggestion is much ...

Mhon Baul by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Spanning-tree cost

I'm practicing spanning-tree with two 2950 switches (Ver 12.1). I have 3 trunks and 3 vlans. I try to change the cost of the interface (for the 3 vlans) and only 2 vlans change the value after I apply the command. The command is "spanning-tree cost 1...

Resolved! Port Spanning

We're putting an analyzer on the network and need to span ports to make the analyzer as the destination. I need to span ports from three different switches to the switch where the device is located. Here's the config I plan to use for one of them. Do...

rsamuel37 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I read that when a switch experiences a tie in regard to the cost to reach the root, the switch first uses the interfaces' Port Priority value as a tiebreaker. If the port priority values tie, the switch uses the lowest internal interface numb...

Here is the output of:SH IP IGMP SNOOPING GROUPsKBCOH1MF2SW3#sh ip igmp snooping grVlan Group Version Port List------------------------------------------------------------1 239.192.4.64 v1 Fa0/221 23...

I installed CNA to server and it sees only one of my Cisco devices. It sees my 3750 Distribution switch and sees the 3750 core and 2960 switches (10 switches, 6 VLANS) as neighbors. The issue is I want to be able to monitor the ports on each switch...

Hi everyone,The following output is from one of my switches: Tracing the route to 10.16.92.51 1 172.16.28.1 0 msec 9 msec 0 msec 2 172.16.100.1 8 msec 8 msec 9 msec 3 172.16.200.26 17 msec 8 msec 8 msec 4 172.16.200.134 9 msec 8 msec 8 msec 5 10...

Hi All, If an OSPF router has two default routes sent to it, via different routers and they are both E1 type routes, does it base its route selection on metric only? My reason for asking is, I have a router is running two OSPF processes and receives ...

How do you set up a layer 3 vlan on a 5020. It seems to be different than say a 4948. I jsut want to do something like:int vlan 10ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

newbie by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Would you please let me know is there any way to change the HTTP header value (X-Forwarded-Proto) using the CSS 11500 series switch?I tried searching in google and cisco couldn't find any links related to this.Would be much helpful if someone can ...