Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is there a way to recover from a switch being brought online inadvertently, which was configured as vtp server with a higher revision number, and incorrect vlan configurations? The switch updated the existing online switches.

ewhinger by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone know how to setup a catalyst switch for http access? I have neabled http and truned on authentication local fot http created use admin with pasword but I get a default screen one I attemp to login pointing me to support..

Hi, I have a network with 4 different types of traffics and I would like to monitor them. I have 4 different Ports connected to different analyzers. Unfortunately I am only able to create 2 monitor sessions on my catalyst 3560G.Is there any workaroun...

rushan_2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a customer that have 3 routers 7600, and the behavior of mls cef is different in the 3 boxes.In one of this boxes they have one BGP full routing in ipv4 and another full BGP in one VRF, and they have this:sh mls cef summTotal routes: ...

Hi thereIf I had 2 distribution switches, then an access layer switch dual homed to both dist switches, running STP, But if I effectivley turned off STP on the link between the dist switches, what would happen on the access switch ? would it still wo...

Hi !I'm currently working on my BSCI certification. Here attached in the zip file, a small schema of my EIGRP lab and configuration of my routers labs devices. First question, if I was'nt used "no auto summurary" command on none of my router. And a...

I am configuring EIGRP between mentioned devices. On 3750 side i can see neighborship formed3 10.40.50.65 Vl417 14 00:00:00 1 2000 3 0However, on ASA side no neighborship formed.When looking at debug messages, I can se...

Hi,We have a C6500 running in hybrid mode and have seen alot of errors on 3 interfaces which are bundled together and connect to another C6500.The errors are jumbo frames. in the counters of the port we see alot of rxOversizedPkts and dot3StatsFrameT...

Hi,Two 4500 switches both in HSRP mode, strangely can't see each other in cdp table.But they can see other edge switches as cdp neighbor. Both are connected to each other via fiber uplinks.Please advice on what could be the issue.Thanks.

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can We configure DHCP service on both the core switch (6509 IOS) keeping redundancy. currently we have configured DHCP in one core switch so when ever the core swich is down dhcp server also down.Thanking you...awaiting your reply

Hello,We have CA BrigtStore Backup solution for Messaging and Application which are in GB's. I am looking for recommendation if to have separate network from regular LAN Network or connect to the network.Is there any white papers or recommendation fr...

Hi every body!I was studying about wireless standards. i have few questions;Here iswhat my book says about wpa:"The IEEE was working on the IEEE wlan security standard.802.11i, but the wlan industry needed a quicker solution than waiting on the IEEE ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am seeing a strange problem with bandwidth usage reports.mrtg for one of the links shows different readings for input & output interfaces.For eg. if inside interface graph shows 4 Mbps usage, outside interface for same duration shows much less t...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes