Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

OK here goesin my lab i have setup an 1801 with 3 vlans which work really wellnow heres for the problem,i have been trying to add another switch to the 1801, i have set 1 port on 1801 to be a trunk and also set 1 port on the other switch (ws-c3524) t...

billybong by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm considering going to layer 3 to my IDF's. How would this work? If I buy 4 switches with the SMI image and 1 with the EMI do they sync IOS version to the EMI or will only 1 switch have the expanded IP capabilities?

rshum by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 10 PCs on the network to which I want to allocate fix/specific IP from DHCP server configured on my 3825 Router. Currently I am using IP Pool & "client-identifier". Problem is that, for every Host/IP I need to create separate Pool. Is ther...

md_ani by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Here I attach the diagram that demonstrates my setup in which Cat6500 Supervisor Engine, Internet Router and provider Edge Router are in vlan-2. All devices making OSPF neighbor relationship to each other and both routers are directly connecte...

The following results occured during an online diagnostic test.Switch 1: SerialNo : CAT0806Y189 Overall diagnostic result: MAJOR ERROR Test results: (. = Pass, F = Fail, U = Untested) 1) TestPortAsicStackPortLoopback ---> . 2) TestPortAsicL...

Please I need this information for this Switch, ill be very thankfull!!1Also:1) Which private Snmp MIbs are for this Switch implemented?2)Are these Private Mibs in the Storage medium to find?3) Which of the following static Funktion those thhis Switc...

minigalli by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having an odd issue. I'm running 6509's using Sup 1's running 6.3(3) CatOS with MSFC-1's using IOS ver 12.1(2)E. Yes it's old.Every now and then Windows XP workstations, both DHCP and statically assigned, detects a duplicate IP. I searched for a ...

rshum by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, pls let me know about the flash file used in 2821 router . i have attached flash document . in these doc there are lot of file pls sugest that which file is unnecessary and also use of files.Thanks in adavance

HelloI have some Catalyst 3560's that has about 10 VLANs setup on them. I want to isolate a few VLAN's from being able to access certain VLAN's but only in one direction. For example: Vlan 100 is 10.10.100.0/24Vlan 200 is 192.168.100.0/24I would li...

cweiner by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Port Forwarding

I am working on a scenario with some private addressing behind a router. WE would like to allow a user to RDP to two servers behind the router that are privately addressed and we do not want to statically route the address space. Is there a way to ...

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,On which type of interfaces HSRP can be enabled on L3 switches. I beleive it can be enabled on SVI, Routed port only. Can it be configured on port-channel interface - if yes how ?Please share the experience?Any link on Cisco.com?Thanks in advanceS...