Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm desiging a campus QoS policy currently and typically SMB/Netbios makes up a signifiacnt % of the traffic. Within this much of the traffic will be file transfer which I would expect to match to the QoS classification 'Bulk Traffic'.However, 'Bulk ...

Hi all.I'm having a strange problem on my cat 4506. I only use logging buffered debugging but when i issue 'show logg' i cannot see changing in interface status. If i plug a cable into a port, i expect a new log that show me that the interface (for e...

gcocchi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've a (old) running network where my core switch is runnung simple pvst and atm all other switches around configured for rapid pvst. There are only 4 vlans which are looped, all others just spread out to other switches. I'm wondering what would h...

Hi, I used this feature in a previously switched network ( one vlan)Now , my network looks like several vlans with a 3750 who acts as the hub and makes routing for vlans ( with SVI and ip helper address) , the dhcp server is in a specfic vlan .How ca...

fd_case17 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

FolksWe are planning for redundancy setup between 2 sites.Attached the router setup bw sites.Can let me know if HSRP can be configured between R1 and R3.If so,how ?SAM

sarsamivel by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

MAC

Hi All,The scenario is in my network there are three devices connected 1 cisco router and 2 L2 switch.First route 1 connected SW1 and SW1 connected to SW2. The SW2 has mac security enabled, it only allow one mac address with security violation shutdo...

Hi,I need to be able to automatically shutdown a switchport if the output rate goes over a certain threshold.I know that storm control can put a port in err-disabled based on the input rate of broadcasts, unicasts or multicasts; however this does not...

Folks:Im a CSS-retard, so I need some to decipher this config for me. It doesnt have t be line-by-line, but at leat something close to it.You know...like explain "circuit" config"...or "service" config...I just need to make sense out of this config. ...

lamav by Level 8
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi:I'm not sure what I'm missing with this problem. I have an 877 router with a connection to an ISP providing me OSPF routes and I have a second service provider giving me RIPv2 routes. If I have a route for subnet 10.1.1.0/24 installed in the rou...

HiWe want to implement QoS in our network. Have read "a few" doc's regarding QoS, but still have some unaswered questions.The network is built up with several Catalyst 3560-E, and we are using VRF-lite. The network is divided into several VRFs. Each ...