Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI have one Cisco 6513 Switch Installed with FWSM module. I have another 6513 Switch with FWSM Module. Both hardware are perfectly working. I am trying to configure redundancy between the two switches and FWSM. It is also working perfectly. When I s...

Resolved! nbar traffic

Hi, We ran nbar last time to check out flows in our network.There were some unknown protocols registered,any idea what are they composed of?there are counts for edonkey & kerberos as well, are they harmful & how to tackle them?The output gives the 5 ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In firewalls or in routers, if we ping is blocked using icmp..which disallows ping responses.But doesnt traceroute use icmp as well,so shouldnt blocking icmp disallow traceroute also or is it blocked by using ports above 64000 range?In a case, trace ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

can anybody tell me following :sh loggSyslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 15568 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled) Console logging: level critical, 1007 messages logged, xml disabled, ...

Hello all,I'm having an issue with my PIX506e.I have a 15M/2M connection to my ISP but my download speeds are only 3M and my upload speeds are only 1M once I installed my PIX. I tried resetting to factory defaults and all that jazz. I hope there isn'...

Hi,We have recently suffered a crash on one of our Cat 6509's, using a Sup720 / MSFC3 with PFC 3B.The result of "show ver" states that the "System restarted by processor memory parity error at PC 0x601799C4". The following document clearly states tha...

cbeswick by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! TFTP Interface

Dear all,is it possible to "say" a multilayer swtich (3750) which interface he should use for a tftp upload? With ping and trace I can, but is it for tftp for example also possible?It would be helpfull for our firewall configuration on remote locatio...

Hello ExpertsMy home broadband has just been upgraded to ADSL2 and my cisco 857 doesn't recognise the ADSL line anymore.Its got 12.4(6). The wan interface is reads ATMoPOTS.Some forums say that the Firmware needs upgrading. Some say the IOS needs upg...

aravindhs by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to define only this range of hosts: 192.168.80.200-254 /24 in standard ACL without entering each host per line?Thank you.ip access-list standard PAT permit 192.168.80.200 permit 192.168.80.201.. permit 192.168.80.254Any other ways?

I am installing a 2600 Router, after configuring the router's fa0/0 for LAN with a private ip address and configure interface fa0/1 for WAN, the router cannot route packets from LAN to WAN. My ISP is using a modem that assigns dynamic private ip addr...

Hello,I have 2 routers in my lab connected together via the serial ports, on Router 1 I want any IP from 192.168.100.192/27 (Fas0/0) to get NAT'ed to 172.16.1.2-254 when going over the WAN.If I use my laptop on 192.168.100.194 and ping 192.168.100.97...

whiteford by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hii Everybody,I am new to the VLANS , so i would like to have suggestions from you people .I have a 10 MB Internet >> connected to Firewall >> connected to L3 Switch >> There are about 40 L2 switches beneath this L3 Switch with no STP as the physical...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card