Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I want to know more information about the assignment of mac-address on each L3 SVI. Is there any guideline and how to show the range as it is not unique MAC address.For example, if the MAC address of the ME3400 is 0000.0000.0001. What will be the MAC...

v.chow by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 4500 Series switch and connected LTM (F5Product) on a dedicated VLAN. Assigned IP address to the LTM Box ; after somedays found that LTM is not pingable from the network ; changing the IP address it starts working again.No IP address confli...

Headquarter and several Branch office.Each site has some VLANs (overall the same: Legacy, Printers, VoIP, Management, etc.)The connection between sites are over leased lines (Layer-3 Routing), but I can not access to this Routers.Some suggestion on t...

battanc by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, I have a router 7613 with a supervisor 720. each time I reboot it I have the follow: ****** --- SHUTDOWN NOW ---***Mar 24 09:55:16: %SYS-SP-5-RELOAD: Reload requestedMar 24 09:55:16: %OIR-SP-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to switch pr...

Does anyone know when Cisco will be releasing IOS 12.2(52)SG for the 4500 series? I heard rumors that the Sup 6E will support a lot more features with this release, mainly PBR.

Hi everybody1 i was reading a cisco press book by Wendell Odom. I was surprised to read the following:" Past documents and books often stated that Eigrp and its predecssor,igrp also could use mtu as part of the metric,but mtu cannot be used and was ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,When i boot up my WS-C6500-E only the supervisor module gets powered up. The other modules are completely dark. I think the supervisor has a problem in the module bringup process. Her is a print of the supervisor diagnostics:Current bootup diagnos...

I'm looking at the two switches above and need to run OSPF. Do I have to pay the extra cost for the E version to run the enterprise software?? Or can I buy the S version? I notice there is a substantial price difference between S and E versions..

trippi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have installed SSH and it works with PuTTY. I then wanted to use SCP. I enabled the SCP server on the switch: ip scp server enable.First I logged in to the switch using PuTTY.I tried using WinSCP from SourceFire. I found that it doesn't work and...

Lets say we have a stable network and we are using a link-state routing protocol. Then something fails. Will the routers reflood ALL LSAs when one LSA changes or only refloods the changed LSAs?