Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello AllI tried to upgrade my 4948 but I did not realized that system kept the corrupted fileIn rommon File size Checksum File name -------------------------------------------------- 13040273 bytes (0xc6fa91) 0x610a023a ...

ergonullu by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI everybody!I have few questions about lacp:Assume default priority for switch and port which is 32768.Now lacp use mac address to decides the"master" and port number to decide which port will participate in etherchannel and which ones be put on sta...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,On my switch i see that the cpu utilization is high , it is because of broadcast storm and port utilization.Any idea how to take care of that.

vishwancc by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, when I have a router with an arp entry for a device, firstly how does the router leran this, does the router need to arp for it itself? or does it learn it as traffic flows through it?also if I plug one device in with an ip address, then move...

When I do a 'show mac-address-table' entry on Cat 6500 I see duplicate entries for the given mac. Could you please explain why is a Port-Channel Po1 also returned since the given mac is directly connected to the switch. SWTICH#sh mac-address-table | ...

Hi,I have just created some switchport vlans to segment my user, server etc....Please what do I need to do for my user vlan to communicate with my server vlan?Thanks all

sr2470182 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I use Cisco 857 routers for internet access. I want to use logging to keep a record of when the internet connection is active, so that if there is a problem when I am not around, I can look back through the log, and identify whether the internet c...

nickc1976 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have to work with a switch cat6500 still now.i have 2 supervisor cards 8 8 9 1000BaseX Supervisor WS-SUP32-GE-3B yes standby7 7 9 1000BaseX Supervisor WS-SUP32-GE-3B yes okThis 2 supervisor are in catOS and i s...

I am having one cisco 3662 router. while i give sh ip arp command in the router it shows same MAC address for different IPs. Is there any problem with the network?please help me out......

How can I assign a single switchport (ie on a Catalyst series switch) on multiple VLAN's. The purpose is to share resources, like servers or printers.

Greetings,I have a Catalyst 3550 with 5 vlans configured. They appear ok........"Show VLAN" result is attachment 1However, although the vlans appear in "show vlan", they do not appear in "show IP route".Show IP Route result is attachment 3I attempte...

support by Level 1
  • 28 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes