Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HI All, having a stange problem here.. i had a 2611 with 2 ethernet ports one for LAN and the other terminating on the ISP Internet device (radio bridge) it worked well i has setup a tunnel to the head office and PATTED for internet acess now we boug...

zaidumer by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts,I have a Cisco 3825 (revision 1.2) with 225280K/36864K bytes of memory running "flash:c3825-spservicesk9-mz.124-3g.bin".There are VLANs configured on the router and each port on its respective VLAN connects to its own Layer 2 switch.I a...

aravindhs by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,We have Cisco 7206V Router at our site.sh ima intATM2/ima0 is up ImaGroupState: NearEnd = operational, FarEnd = operational ImaGroupFailureStatus = noFailureIMA Group Current Configuration: ImaGroupMinNumTxLinks = 1 Im...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi NetPro,anyone who has experienced at this ?2009 Jan 02 12:54:56 CCT +08:00 %SYS-4-SUPERVISOR_ERR:Forwarding engine IP checksum error counter = 455782009 Jan 02 13:24:57 CCT +08:00 %SYS-4-SUPERVISOR_ERR:Forwarding engine IP length error counter = 5...

ney25 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have some 2600 routers that do not allow for encapsulation to be set when a sub-interface is created. I guess this is due to IOS but was wondering how you configure a sub-interface without the encap command available. I imagine it is a possibi...

Hi guys,I would like to know if there is a way to search log for specified time in CSS?I have logs from Feb till now , but i want to view logs for Aug only, is it possible?This is CSS11503 series. Thanks in advance.siraJ

The 'show processes cpu' is gone upto 98% on utilization on both Cat switches in redundancy. The process consuming highest CPU is 'IP Input'. Is there any way I can identify the host that is causing broadcast. show cdp nei shows other switches only. ...

cisco_lite by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ip domain name

What is the reason for ip domain name in the router, even though active directory service provides DNS for the network?

saidfrh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

What is the command ip tcp synwait-time for? Cisco's defination is the following. Switches operate at L2, L2+L3. TCP operates at L4. How does a switch eatablishes a TCP connection? To set a period of time the switch waits while attempting to establis...

saidfrh by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I use 2611XM as a router for my voice platform. I want to restrict web browsing access on the client. So i made an access list and placed it oubound on wan interface. After this my phones are not able to register with the IP PBX server. I use ...

Hi Everybody,Can anybody explain the why native VLAN in necessary and what for it is used.I have gone through various articles and i am literally confused the actual need of Native VLAN. Everybody is saying the same explanation that Native VLAN is un...

Hi allIf I have 3 routers, a b and c, a and b are running eigrp, and b anc c are running ospf, will router b put all routes learnt from router a and advertise them into router b's ospf so router c can see router a? or will I need to redistribute on r...

Dear friends,I am unable to use the second Ten Gig port on th Supervisor V-10GE. The chassis is 4507 chassis and the IOS version is 12.2(25)EWA6.The supervisor module is WS-X4516-10GE. The first Ten Gig port is already in use but the second Ten Gig p...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card