Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a 871 Router that we are moving to a network at our new location. This means that we must configure the Router with a new Outside static IP address as well as Default gateway, DNS IP addresses.Is it possible to edit the present configuration...

dbdickson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,This is regarding inline powe on WS-X6348-RJ-45 line card. I know that this card is voice upgradable. But my query is if the voice daughter card is not present will it be displayed in the show module without serail number as below:e-6509-a#show mo...

Hi all,I have hub and spoke environment that is connected via point to point link. For back we have ISDN PRI line at Hub side and ISDN BRI line at spoke side. When ever a site lose P2P connection it automatically connect via ISDN. Now the issue is th...

bh by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I just got curious with the 6500 series switches. I've been handling 6500 switches for the past years and now, I want to know how to assemble one. Meaning the Supervisor Engine. We have really old 6500 switches. What are the requirements to assemb...

jpl861 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently, I have a 7609 that is multihomed to two different ISP's doing BGP load sharing. My 7609 is also running EIGRP for internal routing in an EIGRP AS comprised of about 30 EIGRP enabled layer3 switch's. All layer3 switch's use my 7609's EIGRP ...

eknell by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, can someone please clarify the technical aspects of half duplex, does half duplex use both pairs of the ethernet cable to send and receive? or 1 and 2 to transmit and 3 and 6 to receive like normal?cheers

hi! if i'm configuring 5 svrs within a private network with one of this server configured with 2 NIC (1private, 1corporate network). In term of design and security, where should i place these servers in? The core(6509 in the DC), distribution(network...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a video device attached to a 6509. It markes voice packets with DSCP46. The blade supports only cos to queue mapping. If I trust the DSCP on that port will it work? How does it decide in qwich queue should it go if the mapping is based on COS?...

c.domokos by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have got some issue to be solved in the below mentioned EIGRP topology.Topology: Lan1==>R1==>R2==>R3==>Lan2R1(ethernet-0)1.129.0.0/10R1(serial-0)=1.65.0.0/10R2(serial-0)=1.66.0.0/10R2(serial-1)=2.0.0.1/8R3(serial-0)=2.0.0.2/8I have enable no aut...

prado1985 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!I want to discuss switching performance parameters--------Mpps and fabric bandwidth.To make my point, I use a small switch of only 4 ports(100Mb)Ideal fabric bandwidth: =2*(total bandwidth of port) =2*(100+100+100...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes