Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi guys, pls tell me about this !if i have 2 routers connected via ethernet link, R1 ip is 10.1.12.1/8 and R2 ip is 10.1.12.2/24, the adjancy doesnt come up, If the link is p2p the adjancy does come up !!!, why is that so ?? i have gotten the feedbac...

I've recently migrated most of my access layer switches from 3550s to 4500s with PoE blades to accomodate new VoIP infrastructure. I've moved a 1231G AP using an injector from a 3550 to a 4500. The AP comes up and I've configured the trunk port to ...

Quick question is there any sort of debug I can run to check for connectivity on a switch? I have a Linux server that is trying to run a NFS mout on it but it doesn't work. I was trying to see if I can see anything. I can ping and traceroute to the...

wgranada1 by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have several 6500 nodes with Sup7203BXL and DFC3BXL on the line cards.Do I manually have to enable Distributed Forwardning on the linecards?When I execute "sho mls rp" I get "ip multilayer switching is globally disabled"Is there any rules of th...

jorgensor by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have several ports on a Cat6513(sup720) with high value in Total output drops.I've seen that there is a bug for Cat3750G that explains this behaviour but i don't know if in Catalyst 6513 it's the same.The port configuration is:interface Gigab...

sdurn by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 100 Mb ethernet

hi every body!let say two host h1 and h2 are connected fast ethernet full duplex.h1tx-------------------rxh2 rx-------------------tx where tx is transmitterrx is receiverThe maximum number of bits which could theortically pass over fast ethernet is ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a 4006 with a Sup II and I keep getting syslog msg like this one:%CDP-3-SENDFAIL:Transmit failure on port 6/42I get this message on different ports and on different hours. CPU usage is at 65% so I don't think is a CPU problem.The only infor...

rolcese by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I am trying to find a two switches (for redundancy) to suit a VMware ESX environment with three servers and an iSCSI SAN. Each server has 6 gigabit connections and the iSCSI SAN 4 so total of 22 ports. Ideally I'd like 2x 16 port gigabit swi...

Hi All,I'm configuring this switch for AVAYA PABX. At moment, I have configured 2 VLANs. VLAN1 is my voice VLAN and VLAN2 is my DATA VLAN. I have also configured IP routing for inter vlan communication. I am not sure how do I configure DHCP so that w...

pannu3679 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I've a got a Cisco 4503 Core Switch.Would it possible to extract reports? Does it have this feature by default or I needed to enable some feature to be able to generate reports?PS - Reports like bandwidth usage by IP address, Communication s...

interedlb by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card