Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm configuring a 2811 with a PPWR-DCARD-16ESW card, I can't figure out how to get traffic from the switch ports to one of built in ports(Fa0/0 or Fa0/1). I'm assuming I don't need to run a 6" patch cable from one end of the router to the other.

benhanson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Can anyone help me to configure Dynamic Vlan ( MAC address based).I like to configure 7 Vlans.Can i configure VMPS server or anyother server for this solution ?It is purely MAC based mapping.Kindly help me in this regard.Thanks in Advance,Senthil

We have a core Avaya 882 switch that will soon be replaced with a 6513 switch. Currently the Avaya switch is connected to Avaya 330 and Cisco 3750 edge switches. I have 802.1Q trunking setup.I was wondering about 8021Q nonnegotiate mode. With the cur...

cef2lion2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was thinking about implementing storm-control on all our interface that have a host connected (server or workstation). My question is, we use multicast VERY heavily here so I don't want to suppress any multicast traffic, but excessive broadcast tr...

niro by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there!I currently have the following scenario/topology:- 2 Catalyst 6509 with Sup1A/MSFC/PFC interconnected with each other (HSRP configured for client's high availability). This switches acts as part of our backbone;- Several clients connected to...

I have a global MPLS BGP network. At this time all of the international sites have local internet access. So BGP handles all the corporate WAN connectivity and a default route to the local firewall handles the internet connectivity. I was asked if ...

I wonder if someone can assist with the solution I am looking to implement. We are having a new radio link which will connect one of our remote sites back to head office (Kensington). The radio links terminate at the remote end on a 1Gbps which is ...

Hi, I have a pretty simple network setup with multiple VLANs only using Static routing. We only have one default static pointing outbound. There are a few VLANs suchs as a "backup" network and "iscsi" network that we'd rather not have reachability ...

jaye15394 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know why you can't ping an SVI after it has been created? I issue the no shut but i can't ping it from the switch it is on. It will ping once i trunk it to another switch, or connect a device to a switch port configured for said vlan. Ver...

Resolved! 3750 config file

Recently noticed something in the config file of a stack of 3750s that isn't in any of our other stacks. At the top of the config file is a long series of mls qos commands. We do not use qos. Wondering how they got in there and how to get them out if...

cef2lion2 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I want to know how to enable and configure multicast on 4948 Cisco router. I have two Sun server with checkpoint (in multicast load balancing mode) connected with one port on each 4948. So, I have 3 ip address and one of these is virtual. Do yo...