Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,Please excuse my lack of network knowledge but I am trying to follow the Cisco configuration example provided here:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080665cdf.shtmlI have a 4402 controller connecte...

ravinator by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have an issue with logging in one of my 6509 switch .Whe i checked the logs primary 6509 switch i can see lot of ospf route addition and deletion eg shown below :":05:10.894: RT: add 172.17.92.0/24 via 172.16.255.17, ospf metric [110/121]" at ...

Hi,In the IOS version that I use on my 2621 routers, when I use the ip default-network command and flag one of the major classful networks that I have as a candidate default. It propagtes a default route to its neighbors in the same routing domain l...

I am trying to do a FTP connection from one of my servers that is behind a cisco router.We have a server park where 3 servers are behind a cisco with local ip's, and 1 server that is public, and NOT behind the cisco.I am trying to connect to an exter...

hi everybody!I just want to know what role non-silent mode play after the creation of etherchannel.As far as i know, non-silent mode ensures two-way communication before the port could be included in bundle. But once, the channel is build, then does ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was just wondering what would be the circumstatnce at which the ping would respond OK and the traceroute would not. I did the extended ping and it worked OK, but the extended teraceroute between the same 2 nodes came back with all asterics for all...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Loopback0 CAT3550

I am trying to set up a loopback0 port on my 3550-24. I want to use it as my management port. It lets me configure the loop back. interface Loopback0 ip address 10.244.244.24 255.255.255.255 ip broadcast-address 10.244.244.255But I can never ping i...

Resolved! Size of a VLAN

Hi,We will be implementing a VLAN - with the primary goal being to limit broadcast traffic. My question is - how large should each individual VLAN be? Most of the workstations would be Windows XP (around 80%), some Vista, some Windows 95/98 still...

have a 6509 with 3000w PS Fan Tray2 and a SUP720-3b running s72033-ipservices_wan-mz.122-18.SXF12a.bin. show module:WS-X6148A-GE-TX\WS-X6724-SFP\WS-SUP720-3B is other.

Hi, folks:I have a few questions regarding TACACS+ and ACS server configs, and I'm hoping someone can offer me some guidance...Below is a TACACS config on a router in a client's network:aaa new-modelaaa authentication login default group tacacs+ line...

lamav by Level 8
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

customer is looking for information on the current backplane utilization on his Cat 4506 with a SupIV. I am not seeing any commands that can tell me what the linecard to supervisor utilization is.Are we not looking at this, or is it one of those hid...