Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have cisco switch connected to non cisco switches in Multichasis etherchannel.But when i see portchannel spanning tree status on cisco side for vlans it shows port-channel for eg int pol25 as backup port with BLK status.How can we force it to becom...

tahseen12 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need knows if this WS-C4507R support the command auto qos voip trust and what is the best way to configure QOS in the LAN.------------------ show version ------------------Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4000 L3 Switch Software (cat4000-I9S-M), Versi...

Hello everyone,I am new to core switches and I have a Cisco Mutilayer 4507R switch which serves as our main core switch. Right now the (WS-X4548-GB-RJ45) expansion module is almost filled out and I am planning to add 1 more. Can somebody please help ...

lazon by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I got a ME-3400-24TS-A 12.2(25)EX1 that has a weird and to me unexplainable problem with ethernet negotiation. Switch is not doing any L3 and has basic software image.F0/1 - connected to microwave backhaul bridge attached to cisco routerlinked ...

I have 2 image files on the bootflash of C4948, it always boot by first image whatever I configured second image file asboot-start-markerboot system flash bootflash:second image.binboot-end-markerorboot-start-markerboot system flash second image.binb...

David Lin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Core Switch 6513 as the Backbone of my Network , All Edge Switchs and servers is connected directly to Gigaethernet Modules in the 6513, My WAN is Frame-Relay and connected too in the same 6513 through ATM WAN interfaces.I need to Isolate in...

hi, we need to interconnect our lan ( switchs cisco 2950 3750 configuring with one mst region ( 2 instances)with a dslam allied telesis imap_9100. On it ,by default stp is disable and the mode is rstp ;So my question is:If i activate rstp on the imap...

fd_case17 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,What is the best way of configuration of port between a L3 switch and a router, if the switch is doing the inter-VLAN routing.

drnteam by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

"""Hi; After I erased my flash i reboot the Router 2611 and tried to Install new IOS from Xmodem (Console) and when I changed the Baud Rate to 115200 and restarted . Hyper Terminal does not display any thing ...Urgent"""

Reference: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/qos/command/reference/qos_q1.html#wp1013427All platforms except the VIP-enabled Cisco 7500 series router and the Catalyst 6000 have default min threshold values shown in the table referenced abov...

mkato by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've encountered a really odd issue. Here's the situation:Two routers: 2821 (R1) and 2811(R2). R1 is the main router that carries to-Internet traffic. R2 is a VPN gateway, being also a default gateway for one VLAN (say VLAN111, 10.111.222.0/24). R2 ...

Hi Guys,2 weeks back i have upgraded my IPS4250XL, service pack to "IPS-K9-6.0-4a-E1.pkg" also i have upgraded the signature to "IPS-sig-S328-req-E1.pkg". after doing these upgradation we observe that our mails to outside domain are getting delayed. ...