Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have an old 2924C that I am trying to get working to fix an issue for someone and the fa0/23 or 24 port will not ush light for the fiber any ideas?

nshoe18 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello again,I am looking for documentation on configuring user groups for radius authentication.My goal is to allow admins, based on active directory group membership, to manage all facets of the switch. I would also like to allow limited management...

Hi,For setting up a LAN extension between 2 geographicaly dispersed 6500 switches, the only configuration needed is VLAN trunk right? No need for channel group if I'm only using 1 copper link?SW1interface GigabitEthernet12/42 description LAN EXTENSIO...

npereira by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I have a problem with an unequal load balancing between Catalyst 5500 with a Route Switch module and Cisco 7609.I was configured an etherchanner on 5500 with 4 FE interfaces and these interface is a trunk with Cisco 7609. On the orher side, I was...

gsantini by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allPls i have a router which has ipsec and isakmp already configured with a ppp link .My questions is can i do multiple vpn with the 2811 series ?The model of the router is stated below"Cisco 2811 (revision 53.51) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memo...

T1success by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!!!!I do have a hybred architecture with ATM & IP based ssitches.I have created 10 vlan' s into RSM of 5509 & 2960 series switches are connected with this via trunk link. I can find all vlan's created into 5509 RSM.If i connect 1 pc with 2960 & mak...

I remember in catOS you could make changes to multiple ports with a single command. for e.g.set vlan 99 2/1-6 etc.So using the above as an example how would i do this in IOS?Thanks a bunch.

I am trying to setup radius authentication for the secure http server. Radius works fine for console/ssh login, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable http/https authentication.Thanks for any help.

Resolved! Switch MAC Address

Hi, Can anyone please help...I am trying to find out the MAC address that a 3560G would use for DHCP requests as it turns out it is not the base mac address you get from a show ver....Is there a command to see the mac address(es) associated with a 35...

I have 2 6500 hybrid MSFC3 with span ports configured for Surf Control. Specifically the span ports are monitoring the inside interfaces of the PIX firewalls and mirroring the traffic to the monitoring interface of the Surf Control appliance. Here i...

Hello to all, I have this problem:2 switches:Switch A 48 port in RAPID-PVST+Switch B 24 port in 802.1dSwitch B is connected to switch A through port 1 in trunkThere are VLAN 2,4 and 8 in Switch A and only VLAN 2,8 in Switch BThe question is: How is ...

I have about a dozen 2950SX switches in the 24 port and 48 port variety that are running the non-crypto standard image. I have downloaded the crypto version for the 2950, but I just read a note that the sx versions of the switch cannot run the crypto...

dsturgeon by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can't see any documentation that says BPDUguard is built in to Portfast, but also don't find Cisco documentation showing BPDUguard always being turned on along with Portfast. (3750 documentation states that per-interface BPDUguard commad can be used...

jmayes by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes