Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! 3750 stacking

Greetings,I have little prior experience dealing with stacking 3750s and was looking for a little help. We have 18 fiber pairs collapsed from the IDFs at the distribution layer and I'm looking for the most cost effective way to handle this. I figure...

Hi, I have a lab scenario with 4 routers connected in a chain (RTRa->RTRb->RTRc->RTRd). RIP v1 is configured on all routers. When I configure a default route i.e 'ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 null 0' on RTRb or RTRc the default route appears in all my r...

I have a 1811 router which has 2 internet connections(FE0 and FE1) and Vlan1. What I need to achieve is:1. all the internet browser traffic going through FE12. ipsec site-to-site tunnel established through FE03. mail sending in and out through FE14. ...

hii`m trying to configure a catalyst 3560 L3 switch and some CE500, i want to create 2 vlans one for voice (vlan2) and one for data (vlan1), and i need that vlan 2 can reach vlan1 but i have a problem there isn't comunication between both vlansi have...

erodrig by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We used to use snapgear as our firewall. There were port forwarding configured. When we sit in the office,and browse the web server using external ip address, it will forward the traffic back to internal server.Now we are using cisco1811. Nat is conf...

I'd like to investigate intermittently high ping times. I sometimes will start a constant ping (-t) to certain locations on my network just to see the response times. Every now and then it goes from time<1ms to over 400ms. I'd like to try to figure o...

Hello, folks: I would like to ask if anyone can recommend a really good network lab simulator. The problem is that I need more hands-on experience. I have plenty of theoretical knowledge and a solid understanding of routing and switching. I have done...

I'm trying to get to the RomMon on the MSFC2, how I can get to the RomMon mode for the RP,every time when I try to press "Ctrl +Break" keys (I'm using secure CRT), it did not work. Please Advice!

mababiker by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a Catalyst 3500 XL running IOS version 12.0(5)WC17 and I wanted to enable bpduguard on the interfaces, however, I found that the command "spanning-tree bpduguard enable" is not supported on this switch. I can not find a higher version of ...

My cat 2950 ios got corrupted after a power failure and am having a difficult time to restore it. When I do "copy xmodem flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin" I get "xmodem: permission denied" error I also tried "copy c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin f...

bassono_t by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, can anyone tell me why on my wan interfaces, Frame relay and E1 serial card, there is a cd light but no line protocol light, yet they are both active, how come there is no lp light ?

Hi, Is there a way to block RIP updates 'outbound' on a router interface ?I realise that it is probably better to block them 'inbound' to save unnecessary processing. But I cannot get outbound to work. I am using the following acl :access-list 100 ...

We're trying to enable ssh for vty access to our 4506e Sup6-E and commands for our 6500 series switches don't work. Does the sup support ssh for vty access?Software (cat4500e-ENTSERVICES-M), Version 12.2(40)SG, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)