Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am tasked to make a local connectivity within one site. The interface vlan was associated to specific VRF. This Interface Vlan is being implemented with HSRP. From the router, i only got successful ping to HSRP gateway. Ping to host elements are no...

Hi!This should be a lamme question, but I haven't found the answer so far...We're actually upgrading the Supervisor from a Catalyst 6500 the new one will be a Sup32, and I'm getting a FanError, and System Shutdown Scheduled in 5 minutes, ok, so far n...

Caue W by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

looking for a method to provide Ethernet redundancy on the same router. Currently have a 3845 with just the 2 on board GIG-ethernet ports. Since the on board ports do not support ether-channel and you cannot configure HSRP on the same router does an...

rudyfaber by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ACL Question

Boy, I never thought I would be asking a question again about the behavior of an ACL, but here goes...Here is the scenario:There is a L3 core switch with a management vlan interface configured on it. The address of the management subnet is 10.120.255...

MW20082008 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Probably this question is not very useful in real life enviroments, but is just to understand (I'm studyng for QoS exam)On a 2950(EI) switch, You can configure classification using:- trust state (CoS/DSCP) that affects internalDSCP with COS-to-DSCP m...

Marcofbbr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I read that per-destination load-sharing via CEF is enabled by default on the Sup720. I have a few equal-cost static routes and figured that per-destination load-sharing would take place over the equal-cost routes However, when I run the command 'sho...

msrohman by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 1600 routers with one ethernet conn each. Cisco Router A is connected to a normal home router and Cisco router B is connected to a pc nic. Both cisco routers are connected to eachother with a serial back to back cable. I want that from the p...

I havew three 2960 switches with multiple VLANS setup. I have them stacked together using the Gige uplink ports and config using Network Assistant.My Internet router is on VLAN 1 port 48I cannot access it from any other VLAN other than VLAN1.Below is...

dagoose66 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,While going through the BGP chapters and docs it is mentioned that if u r a transit AS then run IBGP in full-mesh in u r AS to have better control of the routes.Can anyone explain me why..?Thanks in Advance.ThanksMahmood