Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Unfortunetlly during a power outage (the backup battery failed), one of our Catalyst 3500 Series XL switch (WS-C3524-XL-EN) got damaged... If you turn it on, the fans turn on and the RPS and ports 3-7-11-15-18-23 turn on Amber and it stays that way, ...

GCRDelphi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,We have seen in 12.2.18SXF12 (maybe also available in earlier releases) that the following interface configuration command in available:--MPLS_RTR13_SUP720(config-if)#pagp rate ? fast PAgP packets are transmitted at the fast rate ...--Thi...

loudo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I've been fighting the whole day with some crazy customer requirements. Everything worked except the simplest thing (or at least I'm not satisfied with the results) - I have two ISPs and I have to do load-balancing with static routes and ...

Hi, all,I have a subnet consist of a 2610XM router, a catalyst 2950(24 port). Since my router has only one FE port, it's configured as below:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!interface FastEthernet0/0 description CONNECTION TO CISCO_SW...

Assume 2 switches are configured as VTP servers with same domain name. Switch #1 has vlan 10, 20 while switch #2 has vlan 30 and 40. When 2 switches connects in trunk mode will switch #1 update switch #2 vlan database or vice versa?

yangxia by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, we have merged with another company, they are bringing there laptops to our site and then using vpn to connect to there site, however they still have to be plugged into our lan. Is there a way I can setup so when they plug there pc in the lan...

I had this come up in an interview setting where the interviews asked me to describe in detail the differences between hardware and software QoS. I know how to configure some of the QoS tools with MQC, but I don't know what was meant by this.Can som...

Hi everybody,I'm actually having a problema with a 2800 router. The issue is that it was working well. I turn it off to move from one rack to other,and then it never has come up again.This is the output of what i see when i turn it on:Readonly ROMM...

There was a network outage today, and I got so hung up on this fact that it distracted me from the real problem... Now that the network is back up, I want to know why I cannot ping my default gateway.There are several networks running on this switch....

Hi all.Now, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I still wanted to try this out.I assigned IP addresses in a dis-contiguous manner, and assigned them to different VLANs. I.e. VLAN 100192.168.1.2192.168.1.4192.168.1.6VLAN 110192.168.1.3192.168.1.5192.168...

I was wondering if the "HTML" directory in a 3500XL switch is able to be TFTP'd to my laptop? I was successful in copying over the .bin file (copy flash tftp), but when I issued the same command and tried to pull the "HTML" file it errored out with ...

pizzov by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'd like to know if this is suported and I can't find the answer online.1)I can't set dscp with an outgoing policy on FE interface2)Configuring dot1Q in FE the value of CoS (layer 2) is not being mapped, it's always 0, without takinf care of dscp val...

dfauluchi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a strange issue with on our customers. Since a couple of weeks he gets an error message stating that there is a duplicate IP address for the address of one his vlans. This message gets back on regular times so we thought somebody had an il...