Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI received message from switch 3560 like this:SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 0201.0000.0000 in vlan 6 is flapping between port Gi0/25 and port Po2This message show me every 2-3 min, i don't understand what's going on and what's mac-address 0201.0000...

Hi there,I decided to setup two 2950T's that we weren't using at the the office to try some VLAN scenarios I had been pondering. I started by updating IOS in both switches and did a "write erase" to clear all configuration. I deleted vlan.dat as well...

Hi,I have two 2600s linked via Uplink. Coping data across the uplink is extremely slow (< 5mbit/s throughput), yet, there are no errors on any interfaces. I'm suspecting that this is EMI and we are replacing the links with Fiber now, but I'm very cu...

cgknipe by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, there is a big problem here. I have found that a cisco router with dhcp server enabled will not hand out IPs from a pool unless the router has an interface in the same subnet as the pool.Anyone know how to overcome this? Is there a way to bi...

I am new with Cisco and like to learn some basic and advance Cisco equipments (Router, Switch & PIX)configuration.I have the following devices:Wireless linksys router (1)Cisco 2600 router (1)Cisco 1700 router (1)Cisco catalyst 3500 switch (2)Cisco PI...

mzarei123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I work for a town, and one of the schools needs a hardware upgrade. Looking for advice. The school connects to Town Hall thru its' own VLAN. The fiber comes into the school into a room which needs 240 ethernet ports. In a wiring closet on...

Hi All, We have a 6513 with dual MSFC/Sup720 (12.2(17r)S2) and have ordered a WS-X6724-SFP blade (w DFC3B daughter card). The node runs CatOS.Were hoping to run voice across one of the links into this card and have run into a possible issue - can any...

Hi folks - don't flame me too bad butsome questions rolling around I have to ask on how you do this in the real world.I know how to create vlan etc. But my question is this I have a 4507 Core switch, with 3500XL's as edge devices within the company's...

planzone by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Here is the problem. I have 2 Express 500 WS-CE-24LC switches in seperate buildings that I need to run Fiber through. I 2 GLC-FE-100FX SFP modules to accomplish this. The issue Im having is getting the 2 switches to see each other. The Fiber is f...

fidget970 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes