Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello everybody,i've configured port security on a Catalyst 3750 inluding 12.2(40)SE as followed:mac access-list extended PermitMAC permit host xxxx.xxxx.xxxx any!interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1 switchport access vlan 11 switchport mode access mac acc...

gerbers by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI have a scenario where I have a 3 storey building. On each floor there are 3 switches. Each switch has 2 gig interfaces used as uplinks.The switches are connected in such a way that some of the gig interfaces are running half duplex. Because o...

Currently I have ATT (SBC) ADSL Service in Michigan and I have this horrible 2-wire modem that I keep having to have replaced.I am curious if the 857 would be a good replacement for it, and if it would be compatible.I have a block of static IP's as w...

I tried upgrading code on a switch to 12.2(18) SXF7. I had 12.2(18) SXF7 loaded onto a PCMCIA flash card that was inserted slot 0.So, I changed the boot system commnads to the following:boot system flash disk0:s222-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7b...

lamav by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Cisco Gurus I am having an interesting, albeit, frustrating issue with interoperability between a 3560 48 Port Poe and an HP 5412zl backbone switch. I have 2 VLANS defined 1 is Data and 2 is voice. If I plug a PC and or phone into the HP dir...

dtuttle by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two 2950 switches. I am trying to set up a trunk over fa0/1 on both switches. There are no lights on the ports when I connect a cross-over cable. Any suggestions would help. I used the following commands on my first switch (Texas): enconfig...

Hi guys , What's the difference with cascading two switches and trunking two switches . I believe , you need to trunk , is because , you are carrying multiple vlans through a trunk and cascading two switches is to make two switches become vir...

amacdos by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having trouble determining where/how to implement DHCP snooping on our campus.The core for our campus is a pair of 6506's etherchanneled to each other and 3750 stacks which serve as the distribution layer. The 3750's are trunked to our access l...

gcdudley by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all!I have 3560g with EMI. I connect my PC to GEth0/3 3560g and create SVI with address x.x.x.209 255.255.255.240, on my PC address is x.x.x.210 255.255.255.240. I add Linksys SRW224G4 to GEth0/2 port 3560g. I have trunk between 3560g and Linksys....

zaikini_23 by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card