Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi guys,i have an ids and i want to monitor several interfaces in my redundant 6509. would vspan and rspan could do the work? thanks,alex

Hi,Right now we have one 6509 switch with MSFC2 that serves as a core switch and server farm switch. All access switches have a L2 trunk link to the 6509. All servers also connect to the same switch.I am planning to upgrade to sup720 and add anothe...

pxh by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to see what type of traffic is running through my core switches.I'm running (2) 3750G-EMI switches as my core. I was doing research and found out that NBAR protocol discovery and netflow are not supported on the 3750. What can I implement on t...

Hi Sir,My network currently has two distribution switches (Catalyst 6513). Please refer to attached diagram for further details.Yes, it looks weird but I'm actually required to loop two cables from Core2 back to itself. I need to configure both ends ...

hi Sir How to install IOS in cisco asa 5505 please give the step by step configuration .when i start the asa i got a rommon promte .please give the solution Thanks.

Hi, I'm getting a lot of overruns on a gigabit ethernet interface of a Cisco 6509. The interfaces is connected to a server which has a gig network card. I believe overruns happen when data comes from the server at a rate which the switch port can't ...

sultan_j by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I hope someone will be able to help with the weird problem we startExperiencing a few weeks ago:Our LAN setup:We have close to 70 servers on the LAN network, connected to main Cisco 3750 stack switch on the 5th floor.Flat structure, no VLAN...

acherbina by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a portchannel with two interfaces and one of them has all of a sudden left the portchannnel... Not sure why so any help would be appreciated...Here is a "sh log" on each...4507:000284: Jul 29 12:59:21: %EC-5-UNBUNDLE: Interface GigabitE...

HelloWe are looking at upgrading the switches in our main data centre. We want to go to 10Gb switches. Currently we are using 120 ports. Made up of 2 stackable 3750G switch 1x single 3750G switch and a 3550. What would you recommend we upgrade to?We ...

I have in my network 2490 with version c2940-i6k2l2q4-tar.121-22.EA4. Is possible connect them via SSH but no is possible from the 2940 connect to others 2940. I get the next error...12_FigueresSud_2940_1#ssh -l pruebas 10.133.15.20Trying 10.133.15.2...

albertog by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes