Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I manage the network devices for a sister company. Their technical staff would like to use Cisco Network Assistant to view into the switches. I have no problem granting them read access, they have requested level 14 access. Is there any such document...

jtrumbell by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I was told that IP Helpers are used for DHCP requests. If a client is looking for a dhcp address and a broadcast is sent, if the router received the broadcast, it will drop the request. If an ip helper is setup on the router, it will forw...

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Quick question.Is it possible to do PBR on a 3560-24TS-E runningC3560-ADVIPSERVICESK ?The sales documents say yes but the config documents do not say and the switch takes the command but does nothing with it no error but not working. I can build the ...

Hi, Have a question about monitoring a port on 4500, command is "monitor session 1 source interface Gi3/5 monitor session 1 destination interface Gi7/46", The sniffer is on 7/46 and monitoring server is on 3/5. But I looked at the capture session, th...

How is port VLAN membership assigned on a VTP client ? What commands should be used ? I know that VTP server switches store all the VLAN configuration so that management of this information is centralised. However, on such a VTP server switch how is ...

rossua994 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an emergecy where I need to use the router for NAT and PAT. It is short term until we swing the firewall.I can build nat and get out bound web surfing and ping but I need inbound email.I cannot seem to get the PAT workingConfig is belowI have...

Hi, I have a collapsed backbone design with a single C3750G as a core switch and 6 Cat Express 500 switches as access switches. Q1. Is it possible to cascade the 6 CE 500 access switches using their uplink ports ? The first and the sixth access switc...

PAUL CHEN by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allCan anyone tell me what is the expected behavior of nat on a router when the inside interface is not set?My understanding was that, in order for NAT to work an inside and outside interface needs to be defined? We have a router here in which we ...

pokey by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a cisco 2950 sw and it is our redzone sw for outbound access. I created a seperate VLAN for fa0/1(my management port) and I'm not sure if this is the most secure way of doing it. Also, when I plug my management port in to another switch it bui...

victori77 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes